… then why the desperate spate of emails, telemarking calls and the laughable season ticket waiting list booklet?
Then there are the anecdotes of begging calls to former executive seat holders, many of which are believed to have given up their facilities. For its part senior management at United claims satisfaction at current sales, after launching an aggressive marketing campaign warning executive seat and season ticket holders to renew before the 31 May and 13 June deadlines.
Even more curious then that the club has made so much of its famed waiting list – now proven as little more than a marketing database – with the wait for season tickets, literally, minutes.
Also worth reading:
- Glazers claim 50k season tickets sold
- Sixty per cent of Reds may not renew season ticket
- How many season tickets did United (not) sell?
- So who was lying Mr. Gill?
- Waiting list, what waiting list?