J Corbyn best speech yet

Political Debate
FuB
Legend

4 years ago

pint vulger wrote:I aint an expert on anything Mr Angry ( quiet clearly) and i openly admit i know very little re the insurmountable problems of NI ,but i do think its ironical that you slate Corbyn who is a champion of ordinary people ,you to tell us that you are involved in a charity for the biggest killer in society.Cancer shouldnt need charity in 2017 in a wealthy western progressive country. But i would be supporting JC not agreeing with selfish and reading and believing the media they have created to maintain their lofty position.
My admiration for anyone involved in Charity is endless ,well done
i'm confused by this. do you mean that a "wealthy western progressive country" should have sorted out a cure for "cancer" (I put quotes because it's a catchall term for hundreds of conditions) by 2017?
Rant's official artificial intelligence
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

4 years ago

I'm with Pint on the issue of charities... they've become a sideways type of voluntary tax... the government cuts services to the poor, knowing that in a pinch, charities will pick up the slack... but charities aren't free, many of them spend millions on advertising because in hard times, they're fighting with each other over what little people can spare... and the cancer charity is one of the worst... they spend a huge chunk of what they raise on paying for the exposure that keeps them front of the cue for your money...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
pint vulger
Legend

4 years ago

No mate i,m saying that cancer research should be fully funded in this day and age.But also agree that in the absence of such charity and those raising the cash are without doubt essential.Whilst we are on that point though it would be a major problem both financially and socially if they ever do,and yes i am suggesting that the pharmaceuticals would be that decisive.

And RZ you dunna have to apolgise to me ever ,esp with my cloudy comments and much noticed deplorable grammar.

Can i just ask ,i,ll start with RZ but anyone who cares to really listen to what Mr Corbyn actually has to say ,and tell me what is there not to like,not what will work thats a matter of guesswork and opinion.

And I know i,m older than our Irish mate ,but getting really annoyed at Utd is daft ,I know because at one time I literally couldnt eat my tea ,etc etc ,I have had to have a word with two of my lads just today regarding getting to emotional,it will pass eventually .

Dont get me started on sun beds.
FuB
Legend

4 years ago

I don't want to derail this thread from the discussion over Corbyn but I have to address this notion that cancer research should be "fully funded", etc.

I do agree that the way charities work and their need to fight for top spot - as Alf says - is totally contradictory to their goals but the notion that government funding should be ramped up is forgetting that (a) cancer is a catchall term for hundreds of unrelated diseases that have different levels of sufferers in terms of percentage population and (b) medical research is so unbelievably expensive that the voting public just isn't going to countenance literally pissing their money away by any government as against all the other, more directly solvable, issues that voters might care about.

this isn't to say that "cancer" isn't immensely important to all of humanity but implying that western world government funding would eradicate the need for a (maybe not big enough for whatever reason) charity top-up is a really simplistic view.
redzebs
Legend

4 years ago

Sunbeds rule and Corbyns rich and Cancer Research seem to be a decent punch and if I can raise a grand and even 0.000000000000001% is made with all of the other contributors raising hundreds of thousands in the U.K. And it makes the tiniest difference then I'll happily devote 3 months of my life to staying healthy and training like fuck and try not to get punched in the face.

Once that's done I'll debate politics again.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

4 years ago

redzebs wrote:Sunbeds rule and Corbyns rich and Cancer Research seem to be a decent punch and if I can raise a grand and even 0.000000000000001% is made with all of the other contributors raising hundreds of thousands in the U.K. And it makes the tiniest difference then I'll happily devote 3 months of my life to staying healthy and training like fuck and try not to get punched in the face.

Once that's done I'll debate politics again.
Yeah, Corbyn is rich... the fuckin cunt!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-38613488

And you carry on giving money away to these parasites...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-38611680
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
redzebs
Legend

4 years ago

Right fuckin hold on a second, I don't get to choose the charity.

I don't care about Corbyn, that was a wee joke between me and Pint, don't find it funny or think it's immature or stupid, then ignore it.

I'm not going to take shite for helping a cancer charity, fuck me, cynical as fuck on here.

I'm done with this, at the very worst, helping a cancer charity isn't going to do any harm so anyone has a problem somehow with me trying to raise money for what I think is a decent charity fuck off.

Don't fuckin bring me into it.

Go and raise money yourself and give it to the Labour Party or unions or whoever the fuck you want.

Leave me out of it.
redzebs
Legend

4 years ago

And oh yeah just read your link, am I raising money for NICE or the Tories? No!

Cancer research is a private charity trying to find a cure for cancer isn't it???
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

4 years ago

redzebs wrote:And oh yeah just read your link, am I raising money for NICE or the Tories? No!

Cancer research is a private charity trying to find a cure for cancer isn't it???
Is it?

The public busts their arse, trying to raise money for research into drugs, that are then held back by the developers because they're not getting paid enough for them... just dwell on that for a bit...

You seem to be taking this all very personally Zebs... you should know by now, if you don't want your opinion slated, don't put it on here... I don't care that you're doing your bit for "a good cause"... good for you, and doubly good for you, if it makes you feel good... but you put it up here, and I said I don't have any faith in charities... and that link I put up, is exactly why... you want to take offence at that... feel free, but that's up to you...
FuB
Legend

4 years ago

it seems a little unfair to imply that cancer charities are somehow colluding with big pharma in their relentless quest to squeeze as much profit as they can out of people.

you won't find any argument from me against the notion that big pharma takes the piss but the simple fact of the matter is that cancer charities have little choice but to work with these companies. they just don't have the resources or regulatory position to develop anything from their research.