Tokyo 2020

Discuss other sports here
fat maradona
Legend

1 month ago

Surprised none of you cunts have been talking about this.

The womens beach volleyball has been a bit shite this year, I don't think the IOC read my email suggesting that the women are naked to make it more of a spectacle.

In all seriousness, there have been some right good perfomances. The mens 400m hurdles was epic, whatsisname took nearly a second off the world record.
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

The women's BMX has been fucking class. Some sports are better than football tbf.

But what's shit, especially the track and field, is you get invested in some cunt and then he's stripped of his medal 6 months later when they found out of he was doping.
fat maradona
Legend

1 month ago

I usually just watch the weightlifting, track and field and the gymnastics but this year I've started watching all and anything. It's been good to watch but the lack of spectators is proper weird for the biggest sporting event in the world.

I didn't understand why golf is an Oly event, don't get me wrong mind, I'm a big fan of golf but not at the Olympics.
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

fat maradona wrote:
1 month ago
I usually just watch the weightlifting, track and field and the gymnastics but this year I've started watching all and anything. It's been good to watch but the lack of spectators is proper weird for the biggest sporting event in the world.

I didn't understand why golf is an Oly event, don't get me wrong mind, I'm a big fan of golf but not at the Olympics.
Golf, football, rugby - what's the point if the world's best can't play in them. And even if they could, we already have tournaments outside of the olympics that determine who the best nation is.

I've been trying to watch the boxing but the BBC coverage is fucking awful. But 6 medals means we've equalled our medal haul from 1920. British boxing is the envy of the world.
fat maradona
Legend

1 month ago

agreed, the BBC coverage is absolute dog shite.....I've ended up watching most ot the Olympics on the iPlayer and luckily have been able to fast forward the pointless commentary. Why the BBC insist on having no clue commentators talking shite when they can just show the live action is beyond me.