Mayweather v Pacquiao

Discuss other sports here
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

6 years ago

How many daft twats paid thousands to watch that?

Just to say, "I was there"...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Sid
Legend

6 years ago

Some tickets went for over 100,000 according to the BBC. Each fighter made more than 150m each

And I reckon there will be another fight. Hearing the deafening boos at the bell, I can see em doing it again. Mayweather will fight one more time to finish his contract, then retire, then come out of retirement to face Manny again to try and make it a record 50 wins

And it will be an even bigger pay day
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

6 years ago

Sid wrote:Some tickets went for over 100,000 according to the BBC. Each fighter made more than 150m each

And I reckon there will be another fight. Hearing the deafening boos at the bell, I can see em doing it again. Mayweather will fight one more time to finish his contract, then retire, then come out of retirement to face Manny again to try and make it a record 50 wins

And it will be an even bigger pay day
Anyone who paid £100k, has the kind of money, that was pocket change... another example of how obscene the world has become...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
redzebs
Legend

6 years ago

It was shite, the Pac man did his best but he ain't got the reach, they are talking about Khan next, he's got the reach but Mayweather will school him. Can't see Mayweather being beaten before he retires.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Sid
Legend

6 years ago

Tbf Pacquiao genuinely was injured, it wasn't just excuses. He's going to have surgery on his shoulder which probably rules out a rematch. His shoulder might never be the same again, so we might have seen the best of him.

Thing about Kahn fighting Mayweather... The wife beater likes fighters who go after him so he can dodge and hit em on the counter. But Kahn fights like that too, so it will be interesting to see how Mayweather deals with it. I'm not saying Kahn is anywhere near the boxer Mayweather is, but his style will cause the wife beater problems, so I can see him ducking that one.
danniitronix
Legend

6 years ago

It wasn't a classic but if you actually watch a lot of boxing, most of them are not. In fact most are technical, tactical and measured. You want two humans kicking the shit out of each other for a laugh you can watch WWE or go to the local Pitcher and Piano.

As Eubank said boxing is a mugs game, Mayweather hates it and Lennox Lewis only boxed to get the win, and get the fuck out.

It's an extraordinary human feat at every level to go into an arena and deliver and except physical punishment, and make a career out of it. The fact that Mayweather can't even be touched in the ring is only slightly less extraordinary than Pacman fighting him injured.

Well deserved payout and someone paying 100k for a ticket to do what he or she wants is no less objectionable or not, than Lewis Hamilton being paid 2m a race or Rooney being paid a quarter of a million per game to kick a piece of leather around, or Rory being paid 20m a year to change his clubs to Nike. The capitalist model will vanquish all in front of them, sport is simply another avenue.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

6 years ago

All hail the capitalist model, and all those who preach it!
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

6 years ago

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/32594782

Someone is telling porkies... if it's true that Pacquiao was up front about the injury, then you've got to question the fight itself... how could any betting odds be legitimate, if there were people who knew Pacquiao was fighting handicapped???

And if he didn't inform them of his injury, then it looks like he's just making excuses now...

Boxing is shit!
redzebs
Legend

6 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/32594782

Someone is telling porkies... if it's true that Pacquiao was up front about the injury, then you've got to question the fight itself... how could any betting odds be legitimate, if there were people who knew Pacquiao was fighting handicapped???

And if he didn't inform them of his injury, then it looks like he's just making excuses now...

Boxing is shit!

Wrestlemania 31 mate, keep telling you, it was awesome, plus you could bet on it, how mental is that!
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.