Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
sheesh
Legend

I thought we were the frontrunners for Lisandro Martinez yesterday but Ornstein suggests he could still choose Arsenal.
bman2
Legend

That Barca report doesn’t sound good at all. If we don’t get de Jong after all this, that’s not just embarrassing, it’s our strategy for the summer totally wrecked.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

That Barca report smacks to me of a negotiating tactic. We're dicking around here. Just get it fucking done.
swampash
Legend

It ain’t happening. We’re being played.
swampash
Legend

...player’s agent‘s playing a blinder.
bman2
Legend

So Mendes obviously briefed a bunch of the big name journalists that Ron wanted to leave. Does this mean they have something set up already? Or are the trying to put pressure on the club to make signings?
sheesh
Legend

Last edited by sheesh 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

I can't blame him. It's probably real, but could also be him engineering pressure for them to stop pissing about.
sheesh
Legend

Sid wrote: 1 year ago
Murtough has to quit if we don't get de Jong. We put all our eggs in one basket at the cost of signing other players. That's been our strategy this summer.

The sponsors will kick off as well if Ronaldo leaves.
Jason
Star Man

Tbh, while losing a 20+ scoring striker doesn't look great on paper, Ronaldo is not the future and he is only going to get worse. He is likely to move on at end of this season anyways.

If( and its a big if) we can get in someone that eth wants to replace him, I don't mind seeing him go.( if no replacement wed be fucked)

We'd be losing a winners mentality, but eth would be losing a headache, and having to shoe horn in someone who doesn't really fit his system.