Forum upgrade and changes

Manchester United chat
FuB
Site Admin

I didn't take it as an insult!

You might wish to actually log in and try posting, etc. I don't have every possible device (ipad, iPhone, android phone, PC, mac, etc) or browser so it would be really helpful if everyone could at least give a cursory test to whether it all works ok for them on their particular equipment.

@dozer - added that smilie here for you: :vampire:

also added :tosser: which will probably come in useful as well
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
swampash
Legend

Cool - really impressed with what you have done here Fuß. Especially the long awaited :tosser: smilie. Hard to imagine how we have existed without it [you really can't imagine how many times I've searched for it on the internet and tried, unsuccessfully, to copy and paste it!].
FuB
Site Admin

swampash wrote:Cool - really impressed with what you have done here Fuß. Especially the long awaited :tosser: smilie. Hard to imagine how we have existed without it [you really can't imagine how many times I've searched for it on the internet and tried, unsuccessfully, to copy and paste it!].

This forum has just needed a little bit of looking after. Hopefully, post-upgrade, I won't need to put a lot of time into it.

Did you (and anyone else) have any thoughts on Robbo's suggestion of a bit of re-organisation of the forums into categories and subforums?
Robbo
First Teamer

FuB wrote:
swampash wrote:Cool - really impressed with what you have done here Fuß. Especially the long awaited :tosser: smilie. Hard to imagine how we have existed without it [you really can't imagine how many times I've searched for it on the internet and tried, unsuccessfully, to copy and paste it!].

This forum has just needed a little bit of looking after. Hopefully, post-upgrade, I won't need to put a lot of time into it.

Did you (and anyone else) have any thoughts on Robbo's suggestion of a bit of re-organisation of the forums into categories and subforums?

So that the others can see again.

Football

Rant | ABU | Matchday

Off Topic

The Den/ Den of iniquity | The Commons/Politically orientated discusion | Other Sport

Names are just that at the moment but re-organized like this makes the forum look bigger and better organized and I think we all agree we do want new blood here if possible so a slight change to the forum would be beneficial.
-----------------------------------------------------
swampash
Legend

Looks good to me Robbo/Fuß.
I like the idea of the 'commons' label Robbo, as there might be some things that all are interested in but aren't overtly political. Not sure if this means it should be a combined thread or two separate ones. What do you think?
FuB
Site Admin

i'd suggest that "The Den" is the place for anything off topic that doesn't fit the other two forums. I don't think there's a hard limit to the number of forums you can create so, if another one is needed under the off topic category, i'm happy to create it.

In reality, "The Den" would just be what "Off Topic" is now and i'd move all the overtly political stuff to "The Commons" and sport stuff to "Other Sports".
Unitedroad
Trainee

As a 'newbie' can I open the den please ?
FuB
Site Admin

I'm not really following you, pint. There's no intention to make things inaccessible to anyone... just a reorganisation of what's already here.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Well in for the font change, Fub. This one is easier to read.

About new members... it's going to take a while to attract new people. But I reckon it will happen. The other parts of Rant still seem popular, the podcasts, articles, twitter etc.

But one essential thing is keeping the toxic shit at bay. It's our responsibility as well as the mods. Because nobody will join a forum that's full of bitterness, racist/prejudice language and all that fucking "agenda" conspiracy shite. The forming of gangs has to end as well, because nobody will join a forum were uttering an opinion results in being put in a gang and then a war.

But also, regardless of all that shite, Rant does well when the club is in turmoil. And that will come when Mourinho's reign comes to an end. That's when people get fucked off with the club, the Glazers, the Caf who just defend them all, and go looking elsewhere.
FuB
Site Admin

That's all fair enough.

Re: getting new members. Once we've got everything tidied up and moved to the new version, I was going to sound Ed out about putting out some more adverts for this scene of depravity. maybe even the Rant Cast could feature a word for us? Not sure Ed would want to sully such a thing with us but it's worth asking him.