Manchester United chat
Sid
Legend

7 months ago

bman2 wrote:
7 months ago
fat maradona wrote:
7 months ago
Imagine if we did get both VdS and Overmars over to United.....would show that there might be some thinking going on at the club.
What’s this about? Is there a rumour about this?
Must be based on this set of quotes from the pair

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... s-23010325

Tbf their work is done. Ajax are back on the world stage. Time for a new project.
fat maradona
Legend

7 months ago

yeh, silly me, forgot to post the link.....ta Sid

I daren't live in hope that Woodward would hire these two but a club man like VdS and his able no.2 Overmars would be amazing.
Sid
Legend

7 months ago

Liverpool have just unveiled their new 50m training facility and it has an entire department for their sporting director and his team of scouts. They have a their own conference room, office and even a secret staircase for bringing in signings out of view of the press. It'll make planning and signing players more fluid. Meanwhile we just have Ed and his phonebook of agents.

We're falling further behind
bman2
Legend

7 months ago

Sid wrote:
7 months ago
Liverpool have just unveiled their new 50m training facility and it has an entire department for their sporting director and his team of scouts. They have a their own conference room, office and even a secret staircase for bringing in signings out of view of the press. It'll make planning and signing players more fluid. Meanwhile we just have Ed and his phonebook of agents.

I hope United have the sense to learn from City. City did their best to buy up Barca’s DoF and related staff, and just replicate that in at City. Now I think if it, maybe that’s why Barca’s own transfers got so shit in recent years — City took their canniest operators.

We should do the same with Ajax. It’s a skint club with fading memories of glory, so a better fit for the Glazers than Barca! Get Overmars and VDS in, let them run things. Let them decide who the manager should be.
Sid
Legend

7 months ago

bman2 wrote:
7 months ago
Sid wrote:
7 months ago

I hope United have the sense to learn from City. City did their best to buy up Barca’s DoF and related staff, and just replicate that in at City. Now I think if it, maybe that’s why Barca’s own transfers got so shit in recent years — City took their canniest operators.

We should do the same with Ajax. It’s a skint club with fading memories of glory, so a better fit for the Glazers than Barca! Get Overmars and VDS in, let them run things. Let them decide who the manager should be.
That's a good point. Barca don't buy to a plan anymore or bring through young kids that fit the plan. They have no plan. City nicked it. They've got so much wasted talent it's ridiculous.

Btw this is City's operations / media department. It's probably bigger than the 'the pit' you see on BBC News.

http://www.footballtraininggrounds.com/ ... 7.jpg?1120

But tbf when you're whitewashing a fascist state you need a big media department
dozer
Legend

3 months ago

Confirmed. United now have a technical and football director.
Fletcher is the technical director
John Murtough is the DoF.

brianofnazarethffs
Legend

3 months ago

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour, International Lovemaker to the Stars and prince of cunts
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

3 months ago

Lets see whether it improves our performance in the transfer market. I'm sick of being 3 or 4 players short, year on year. We need a big window to close the gap on city. And not just buying U21s for the future. We need some established talent.
Sid
Legend

3 months ago

Matt Judge is in charge of transfer negotiations... this is the man who famously wouldn't answer his phone to one of our transfer targets, so Evra had to keep ringing him instead. He was also involved in the worst signing in our history, Sanchez, and not signing Sancho, and giving new deals to Smalling and Jones etc. So I think cautious optimism is required.

Also, my first thought was this frees up time for Ed to focus on building the european super league

But still, it's a step in the right direction. Hopefully.
dozer
Legend

3 months ago

Guys. Don't get too excited. Apparently John Murtough was already "head of football development" since Moyes joined.

I remember Murtough being the best scout in FM. This was a long time ago. His ratings have probably dropped now :))