OGS.....

Manchester United chat
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

"Bruno has obviously been a big factor. 6 goals and 5 assists I think in 9 league appearances?"

Aye it's piss for him. Remember all that talk about his excellent record in Portugal, and how it wouldn't translate to the Prem because the quality is so much higher here.

Wrong

Either the Prem is overrated or the Primeira Liga is underrated. Or both tbf
fat maradona
Legend

Sid wrote: 3 years ago "Bruno has obviously been a big factor. 6 goals and 5 assists I think in 9 league appearances?"

Aye it's piss for him. Remember all that talk about his excellent record in Portugal, and how it wouldn't translate to the Prem because the quality is so much higher here.

Wrong

Or he's fucking class and can play like that in any league.
dozer
Legend

Bruno's performances have been up there with the best in the world.
He's outshone pogba too. And pogba has played well since his return. Not that difficult tbf but it reduces pogbas stock a little.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

fat maradona wrote: 3 years ago
Sid wrote: 3 years ago "Bruno has obviously been a big factor. 6 goals and 5 assists I think in 9 league appearances?"

Wrong

Or he's fucking class and can play like that in any league.
This, definitely tbf
swampash
Legend

The hobbit is tactically inept. Bruno is carrying him.
dozer
Legend

swampash wrote: 3 years ago The hobbit is tactically inept. Bruno is carrying him.
It looks like Ole's doing well and in the way to getting us back to the top.
I always said this; I like the fact that Ole's taking risks. He got rid of high profile crap like Lukaku and Sanchez without necessarily getting replacements so he had the balls to make a risky decision.
Most managers wouldn;t do this because they're afraid they'll get sacked and for good reason. Clubs will sack managers quickly.
Ole genuinely seems to be planning long term and it seems to be working. It's only like 15 games I think so we need to wait and see.

His tactics are also good. We've beaten teams like City but performing badly otherwise but we've changed that recently. Lets see if it sticks.
He's gotten the players to create a lot more chances. Rashford and Martial both missed easy chances in the game yesterday but it was still our first bad game in quite a while.

The key part is getting the right players. I don't know much about Maguire's and Bruno's social media crap which alone is a good sign. Plus most of his signings have worked.
Unlike other top tier signings like Lukaku, Sanchez, Mkhi, Di Maria and even Pogba perhaps. James is a dud though.
Ole's also giving youth players opportunities and they're actually performing.
swampash
Legend

I agree with most of that dozer, but we were handed the chance to go 4th and fucked it up. We should have been able to press on in the second half and build a buffer but couldn't. The substitutions, as usual, made no tactical sense. As soon as Bruno was off we had no ability to link to the front 3 and then the hobbit bottled it completely and tried to hold onto the 2-1, but with no real idea of how to do it. It was only a matter of time before Southampton levelled the sore.
Don't get me wrong, I wish him well, but he has only one way to play, which means we never set traps for opposition teams. To be really effective he needs to be able to shift tactics.
bman2
Legend

I don’t know how last night changes the picture, but before that match we had the best record in the league over the last 10 games, with only six goals conceded and I think second highest goals scored after City.

I could be doing him a great injustice, but I do get the impression that Ole is doing well with group and individual psychology, man-management, good dynamic and good work effort. But tactically we look a bit basic and lacking variety. It’s been a long time since I felt we outsmarted a big team, other than parking and keeping it tight. We haven’t had any moments like Ferguson going with a strange line up that works brilliantly. You know what you’ll get from us based on the players available.

But Gaal would say it’s a process. Better to have a manager that’s good at psychology and man management but mediocre tactically, than the opposite, because he can hire top tactical coaches.

Does our judgment of Ole change if we make or lose out on CL?
fat maradona
Legend

bman2 wrote: 3 years ago
Does our judgment of Ole change if we make or lose out on CL?
Not in my opinion. I've always maintained that Ole lacks the tactical nous required at a club like United, a team that'll be pitching itself up against the best in Europe and aiming to be in all 4 comps. He won't have gained that experience or knowledge at Molde (certainly didn't have it at Cardiff). You're either a natural (Pep, Poch) or you've worked at some big clubs before and become experienced. Ole is neither. However, what he has done brilliantly is move on the culture we had developed at the club. Whether the 'United way' is as much of a dinosaur as Mourinho's brand of football is up for debate, what it has done is improved morale and team spirit, something that was severly lacking. And the new players identified must be of a cetain type or exhibit certain characteristics, and this also helps. Ideally, you'd leave him at the helm for another couple of years, let him put a decent squad together and get someone who does have the tactical nous to coach him.
swampash
Legend

...or get a DOF who does know what tactics are about...but we’ve rung that bell for ever...!