OGS.....

Manchester United chat
bman2
Legend

dozer wrote: 2 years ago
sheesh wrote: 2 years ago I really fear for Ole next season if we don't make the most of the summer transfer window. The fallout from EL final might carry over into next season.

City and Chelsea are being linked with players like Kane, Haaland and Lukaku. Liverpool are going to strengthen.

It's going to hurt the morale of our top players if our rivals are spending money and we're not.
No thanks. I must reiterate that buying galacticos doesn't seem to be a sustainable solution and it hasn't worked out for us. It's worked for Real. Pogba, Sanchez, Di Maria, Falcao, and going by prices Lukaku and Maguire come to mind but most have been crap and the rest ok to good. Cavani has done well though.

I'd rather buy more mid range players (provided we do buy more) and have completion for places. I know VDB is being overlooked for some reason, our transfer record isn't stellar in the mid range dept either but its still way less money and less wages. Easier to churn.
The reality is that we need a stronger style of play and coaching to buy that way. Instead we’re focused on buying players that don’t need any coaching.
bman2
Legend

Case in point: if the rumours are true, this summer we’ll buy Sancho and Liverpool will buy Rapinha for less than half the money. Some as we paid a fortune for Maguire because English newspapers said he was a “leader”.
fat maradona
Legend

It's depressing tbh. Still shit at scouting, still shit at coaching, still shit at progressing. If the Sancho deal does go ahead and we don't consider Rapinha then that'll confirm everything is a big PR stunt. Whatever happened to the DoF and head scout we recently appointed?
Jason
Star Man

bman2 wrote: 2 years ago Case in point: if the rumours are true, this summer we’ll buy Sancho and Liverpool will buy Rapinha for less than half the money. Some as we paid a fortune for Maguire because English newspapers said he was a “leader”.
This is a piss take, the club is a joke.

Go out and get Raphinha, 45 mill done deal and move on to sort other problem areas.

Instead we'll spend months on a transfer "saga" and maybe get a blockbuster deal on deadline day, just so the club can report in their shareholder agm look how many clicks the sancho deal generated over the summer.
sheesh
Legend

Fuck the Glazers
Legend

The stretford paddock boys are biased in favour of Ole. But I agree with Adam. Conte probably isn't right for United. It smacks of the Jose appointment. He likes counterattack football, he doesn't like youth, he signs old expensive players like Lukaku, Young, Eriksen and the clincher for me, Sanchez, whose finished.

It'd be an expensive short term punt at winning a major trophy. We tried that with Jose and it blew up leaving us with a huge rebuild job and only two minor trophies in the cabinet. We're on a better path with Ole, we don't want to ruin it, but hand it over to someone else that can take it to the next level.
bman2
Legend

Conte isn’t the one I’d go for. He would have made more sense as a replacement for Jose, because at least he’d have not wanted to change the whole squad. But like Jose he tends to blow up and leave every club after 2 seasons. There’s no denying his amazing record so far though.

Poch would be the obvious choice. My impression is he wanted the United job, and only eventually took PSG reluctantly. It’s not a good fit I don’t think.

It’s certainly looking like Tuchel would have been a good hire!

Not once since Ferguson has the club hired a relatively young manager who’d done well at a CL-standard club and was on the rise. That’s what Ferguson was when United first brought him on board. It’s the most obvious way to go.
swampash
Legend

Interesting to speculate but I fear we are going to be stuck with a fuckwit won’t rock the boat substandard tactically inept hobbit for the foreseeable future. The only thing likely to accelerate his demise is a negative impact on the owners asset value.
Get used to it. The glory days are behind us. We are truly fucked.
bman2
Legend

I see that Christophe Gaultier has quit Lille. He took over midseason when they were in the relegation zone. Took them to second place the next season and 1st place this season. Don’t know much about him, but that’s fucking success. That’s a rebuild.
bman2
Legend

swampash wrote: 2 years ago Interesting to speculate but I fear we are going to be stuck with a fuckwit won’t rock the boat substandard tactically inept hobbit for the foreseeable future. The only thing likely to accelerate his demise is a negative impact on the owners asset value.
Get used to it. The glory days are behind us. We are truly fucked.
It’s a tough situation. Ole’s done well, didn’t flop like Lampard. But at the same time, personally I’ve never seen any spark to our play, anything that makes me feel like we’re going to become a slick team that rips the opposition apart. I honestly think it’s very similar to what we got from Moyes. Ole’s been given more time, and isn’t managing a squad that was used to Ferguson and endless success. Plus Woodward had run out of scapegoats so he couldn’t blame Ole for everything like he blamed Moyes.