OGS.....

Manchester United chat
bman2
Legend

This article has some great details in it:
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... d-21959851

Just think of all the dirt and gossip that’s going to come out now.
dozer
Legend

sheesh
Legend

dozer wrote: 2 years ago https://www.manutd.com/en/videos/detail ... td-manager

Ole's given a farewell interview.
Did the club put Ole up to this interview?

Once again, the way it has dealt with the sacking of a manager leaves a lot to be desired. Leaving Ole hanging out to dry for ages, when he should have been sacked after the Liverpool game. All his coaches are still at the club. All the briefing that went on after the Watford match. The way Van Gaal was sacked was a disgrace as well.

If Ole wants his last memory to be that interview (rather than having away fans shouting abuse), then fair play to him.

It's hard not to suspect that the club is up to something, though. There was a fan photographed hugging Ole earlier. Was that staged?
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

dozer wrote: 2 years ago https://www.manutd.com/en/videos/detail ... td-manager

Ole's given a farewell interview.
Fair play to him. He was the right choice after Jose cos he has a genuine connection and love for the club, and that's exactly what was needed to bring us out of those dark times.

When I first heard the Ole's at the wheel chant, the bit that struck me was the line "the greatest in English football, we've won it all" - cos I'd genuinely forgotten that Man United were a successful club. I'd forgotten all those those great memories from childhood n all, cos Jose made it so toxic and dark.

Ole embodied all that. And in typical cynical Glazer fashion, they exploited it and ran with it, giving him a permanent position so they could continue leaching from the club.

But you can't blame Ole for taking the job and keeping going until the very end.
bman2
Legend

He was fine as an interim manager. But what club decides the interim manager should be in charge for nearly three seasons? Ultimately, as soon as there was the same kind of expectations on Ole as all his predecessors had, he collapsed. Should have been sacked earlier, but it was only with the players practically going on strike that the club acted. Farce.
fat maradona
Legend

We all hated having Ole as manager as it was clear as day that he wasn’t the man to make us winners again. He improved the dressing room but that was all he had to offer. He wasn’t experienced enough to make big decisions on players. He wasn’t knowledgeable enough to make in game decisions that could change the game. He is a lovely guy, you can tell how he handles himself from that interview. The Board have ruined another person by making them the scapegoat in what is a clueless hierarchy. Until that changes, it’ll just be another loop again and again. All we need is to see Bill Murray on the touchline to believe that it’s Groundhog Day.
bman2
Legend

Yeah, sure Ole created a nice positive atmosphere around the club. But that’s worthless. It’s a football club. The only real, sustainable positive atmosphere comes from winning. In the end, even though the players liked Ole and thought Jose was a cunt, they still got rid of both of them the same way.

Giving Ole the permanent job was the very worst decision Woodward and the other people in charge have made. And they’ve made a lot of shit decisions. Perhaps it wasn’t the most disastrous decision, but it was so obviously a bad decision. And they’ve been desperate ever since to not admit they made a joke of a decision. Even with Ole’s exit interview, which is just another humiliation, the club is desperate to conjure up the warm and fuzzy feelings that a lot of fans are gullible to.

Even now you see some supporters saying Ole was the best manager since Ferguson, even though by every objective measure he’s very obviously the worst yet. There’s not even a debate to had on that. The amount of warm and fuzzy PR bullshit is suffocating at this club.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Yeah it wasn't the worst decision the Glazers and Ed have made. The ESL tops that. But then also don't forget the club nearly went bankrupt in 2010. That stuff isn't just bad, it's ruinous.

Ole leaves behind a top squad that's only one or two players away from being serious title challengers. So it's not all doom and gloom. I just think people are more fucked off than they perhaps should be cos the club kept him on so long.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Some days I look and think we're only a player or two away. But most days I think we're still 6 or 7 away.
bman2
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 2 years ago Some days I look and think we're only a player or two away. But most days I think we're still 6 or 7 away.
Things would look very different with a good manager. But as things stand we will lose several players at the end of this season.