Bruno Fernandes

Manchester United chat
Pikey McScum
First Teamer

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/m ... -fernandes

So he looks like the ever-so-slightly-better looking cousin of Frank Ribery, but his stats are pretty fucking impressive!

How's he going to do lads? I expect him to make a sub appearance at the weekend, but on paper he's miles ahead of the rest of our current midfield and should probably start!
"that is probably the worst post ive ever read" - Knobby, 28th April 2015
dozer
Legend

Damn. I thought that whole saga was a scam
kunal4622
Youth Teamer

A month too late ..
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

United said he wouldn't fit into our system in summer - what's changed?
redzebs
Legend

Sid wrote: 4 years ago United said he wouldn't fit into our system in summer - what's changed?

Exactly, we turned him down last summer lol!
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
marlon
Legend

And then we started the season with Pogba holding and Pereira/Lingard in the starting XI. None of it made sense to start with.
dozer
Legend

From what I hear Fernandes takes risks with his passes so he loses possession a lot.
The problem is if he loses possession with sideways passing
Pikey McScum
First Teamer

dozer wrote: 4 years ago From what I hear Fernandes takes risks with his passes so he loses possession a lot.
The problem is if he loses possession with sideways passing
Christ almighty, you really are something else - have you seen his assist/goals stats from the last couple of seasons???

Creative players play risky passes, but there's enough in this man's locker to suggest his accuracy with them is actually much better than you suggest - surely that's what we've been crying out for!?!?

Midfielders can't all be 5 yard passers like Fellaini.................... 8-|
"that is probably the worst post ive ever read" - Knobby, 28th April 2015
bman2
Legend

I wouldn’t expect Fernandes to come in and hit the ground running in the middle of the season. Everyone, Ole included, hoping that he’ll be the messiah that saves our season is just setting him up for a fall. But I like the look of him — he looks hungry, seems to work hard off the ball and has some flexibility in terms of position. The fact that he often drifts wide right in attack is nice for us since we don’t have much going on there at the moment. Even if Pogba stayed, which I don’t think any of us expects to happen now, I think he could pair with him, Pogba on the left, and someone holding behind them. Likewise if we got someone like Maddison or Grealish to replace Pogba I. The summer. So I think he should be a good signing even if he doesn’t end up being totally top class. With our lack of credible options in attacking midfield, there’s not much downside anyway. It looks like a step forward.
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

NQAT's official saviour, International Lovemaker to the Stars and prince of cunts