Bruno Fernandes

Manchester United chat
sheesh
Legend

He will probably end up leaving if the club doesn't invest in the side properly.
bman2
Legend

I don’t think our defensive problems can be put down just to investment. Better players always helps, if you can get them, but our defending is so bad that it’s not just about the players.
FuB
Site Admin

bman2 wrote: 3 years ago I don’t think our defensive problems can be put down just to investment. Better players always helps, if you can get them, but our defending is so bad that it’s not just about the players.
They were all supposed to be good before they came to United... although that does apply to Phil Jones as well
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
bman2
Legend

Yeah the problem with the defence is that Ole blew his credibility paying £80M for Maguire, an average defender who happened to score a goal in the World Cup. The most expensive defender of all time. Does he look like the most expensive defender of all time? Since we’ve signed him, all the talk has been how we now need to sign a defender who isn’t as slow as shit. And we made him captain! Some bloke who’d spent a season at Leicester. That was his claim to fame. United captain! A team that, even now, still has league champions, even a world champion in it.

What would we get for Maguire if we sold him now?
swampash
Legend

A bag of oats?
Can't expect much else for a clapped out nag...
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Mike Phelan managed Maguire at Hull, and said publicly and privately we should be pay his 15/16m clause release fee and buy him. But as ever Ed ignored the advice of ex-footballers. Then 2/3 years later we end up paying 80m, which for such a limited player is awful business. It means there won't be any new CB signings for a while, and, it creates a permanent negative context. What a waste of money etc. Whereas if he cost 15m there's it'd be the opposite, people would talk about value.
fat maradona
Legend

that's the usual story at United, we over pay. We could have had Bruno cheaper the summer before (when we weren't so desparate) and for £80m, we could have had two very good CB's. That's the problem when you have a banker in charge of a cash cow like United, what we need is a Levy type.
sheesh
Legend

Sid wrote: 3 years ago Mike Phelan managed Maguire at Hull, and said publicly and privately we should be pay his 15/16m clause release fee and buy him. But as ever Ed ignored the advice of ex-footballers. Then 2/3 years later we end up paying 80m, which for such a limited player is awful business. It means there won't be any new CB signings for a while, and, it creates a permanent negative context. What a waste of money etc. Whereas if he cost 15m there's it'd be the opposite, people would talk about value.
Maguire would have been easier for us to get rid of too, if we'd listened to Phelan and bought the player on the cheap.

Now I think the weight of the price tag means we have to keep playing him, even though he's absolutely rubbish. No other club would pay close to what we did.

Lindelof was another mistake.

I never thought I'd say this, but I'd do anything to have Smalling back at United
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Is it just me or is anyone else worried about him? His body language doesn't look right to me. He looks miserable and pissed off when he plays at the minute.
dozer
Legend

Edfuckingwoodward wrote: 2 years ago Is it just me or is anyone else worried about him? His body language doesn't look right to me. He looks miserable and pissed off when he plays at the minute.
Nah, I think he's fine.
In fact his body language looks great to me. It's the others who need so show some similar drive.