dozer wrote:
2 months ago
FuB wrote:
2 months ago
dozer wrote:
2 months ago
bman2 wrote:
2 months ago
Martial seems a bit “temperamental”, or inconsistent, moody, or whatever the right term is. But so is Shaw. It’s just an individual thing. The French national team in recent memory had some upheavals due to racial politics. There was a blow-up at the WC some years back, Evra was involved. But that sounded totally justified based on what I read, with the African heritage players having every reason to think there was a racial bias problem in the French FA.

If anything the English national team seems the most “temperamental” in recent memory, from the golden generation up til recently, constant drama and meltdowns at big tournaments. Southgate deserves credit for whatever he has done to get past that.
It's not just being moody though.
French football players seem to have issues when something doesn't fit their view. If it does, great. Benzema and Kante are exceptions imo. Add Lloris to that list. They've battled any adversity and come out top consistently every game. Keane and Rooney were moody but they used it to up their game.
I'd forgotten about the Evra story but he's always given his best.

Most French players presently seem like Pogba's to me. Supremely talented but struggle to deliver consistently as if someone upset them mentally just before the game.
Surely most French players don't belong to Pogba. I know he gets paid a lot but that seems excessive
I didn't say that. Check your parsing software fubs.
Ah but you did, dozer. Do check how to construct a possessive noun in English and, in your case, how not to.
Rant's official artificial intelligence
dozer
Legend

2 months ago

FuB wrote:
2 months ago
dozer wrote:
2 months ago
FuB wrote:
2 months ago
dozer wrote:
2 months ago
bman2 wrote:
2 months ago
Martial seems a bit “temperamental”, or inconsistent, moody, or whatever the right term is. But so is Shaw. It’s just an individual thing. The French national team in recent memory had some upheavals due to racial politics. There was a blow-up at the WC some years back, Evra was involved. But that sounded totally justified based on what I read, with the African heritage players having every reason to think there was a racial bias problem in the French FA.

If anything the English national team seems the most “temperamental” in recent memory, from the golden generation up til recently, constant drama and meltdowns at big tournaments. Southgate deserves credit for whatever he has done to get past that.
It's not just being moody though.
French football players seem to have issues when something doesn't fit their view. If it does, great. Benzema and Kante are exceptions imo. Add Lloris to that list. They've battled any adversity and come out top consistently every game. Keane and Rooney were moody but they used it to up their game.
I'd forgotten about the Evra story but he's always given his best.

Most French players presently seem like Pogba's to me. Supremely talented but struggle to deliver consistently as if someone upset them mentally just before the game.
Surely most French players don't belong to Pogba. I know he gets paid a lot but that seems excessive
I didn't say that. Check your parsing software fubs.
Ah but you did, dozer. Do check how to construct a possessive noun in English and, in your case, how not to.
Oh yes. I see it now. The intelligence is indeed artificial. I should have typed it right. Computers don't make mistakes.
bman2
Legend

2 months ago

If we sign Varane, it will be interesting to see if Ole then feels he can play a higher line. Or will Maguire’s lack of pace still force us to sit deep?