Manchester United to break away from the Premier League

Manchester United chat
swampash
Legend

:vampire:
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Sid wrote: 2 years ago Uefa warns of ESL’s ‘threat to football’ but drops legal action against clubs

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... dApp_Other

No punishment for the ESL clubs
So basically, they're definitely going to try and break away again, this time with reforms.
bman2
Legend

The Super League probably would have gone ahead if the oil clubs hadn’t sunk it. The current situation suits them just fine.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

bman2 wrote: 2 years ago The Super League probably would have gone ahead if the oil clubs hadn’t sunk it. The current situation suits them just fine.
Fans sunk it, Bman. The oil clubs went along cos the whole point of sportwashing is making themselves liked, that's why they've spent billions on their teams. They'll do the populist thing IMO.
bman2
Legend

No it was PSG that sold them out to UEFA, told them what was up before the ESL gang had got their act together. Supporters wouldn’t have even known about it otherwise. The other owners would have put up with fan protests for a few months.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

bman2 wrote: 2 years ago No it was PSG that sold them out to UEFA, told them what was up before the ESL gang had got their act together. Supporters wouldn’t have even known about it otherwise. The other owners would have put up with fan protests for a few months.
It was tweets on clubs' accounts at 11pm on Sunday night that alerted fans, players and managers to the ESL. And from there it kicked off. PSG had little to do with it. They're one power amidst many. It wasn't just protest either, it was violence, and it was physically stopping games from happening that killed it, along with the likes of Pep saying it's a load of shite. There was no chance the league was happening.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/premier-lea ... ter-317497

Following the failed attempt from Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Tottenham Hotspur and the two Manchester clubs to breakaway and join the European Super League, the Premier League looked to implement an owners' charter which would force clubs to commit to only qualifying for the Champions League via “current sporting merit.” However as per The Times, the 'big six' were reluctant to sign up to the proposal.

Won't commit to qualifying for the CL on sporting merit - it's disgusting
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Anyone here follow golf? Seen what the Saudis have done?

My understanding is as part of their sportwashing projects, they've created their own lucrative golf series and thrown money at top players to jump ship from the PGA Tour, meaning they're now banned. I'm not into golf but from what I've seen via the BBC it's totally fucked golf up.

It reminded me of the breakaway ESL that would have killed the Prem and CL (although that was done to create a monopoly, not for sportwashing purposes)

What's mad is it's actually happened, and for me it makes the ESL that bit more possible
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Sid wrote: 1 year ago Anyone here follow golf? Seen what the Saudis have done?

My understanding is as part of their sportwashing projects, they've created their own lucrative golf series and thrown money at top players to jump ship from the PGA Tour, meaning they're now banned. I'm not into golf but from what I've seen via the BBC it's totally fucked golf up.

It reminded me of the breakaway ESL that would have killed the Prem and CL (although that was done to create a monopoly, not for sportwashing purposes)

What's mad is it's actually happened, and for me it makes the ESL that bit more possible
Not followed closely but I did see an interview with a few of them on sky, basically just saying 'yeah I've done it for the money'.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

But yeah. I saw earlier that Barca need like 500m or they could go under. The bubble will burst unless there's a breakaway, so it'll happen.