Manchester United to break away from the Premier League

Manchester United chat
swampash
Legend

Sid wrote: 2 years ago
swampash wrote: 2 years ago What was the tweet? Don’t do Twitter so can’t read it!
Which one?

One tweet was by Stan Collymore that said there are rumours an unknown owner is preparing to sell their club, and the other tweet said "Football administration, bloody hell"
...thanks for clarifying Sid.
swampash
Legend

It's been great to see them off but I'm still pretty worried about the 2024 CL changes, to be honest.
bman2
Legend

Sid wrote: 2 years ago Souness reckons John Henry / FSG's position is untenable at Liverpool

Usual jingoistic shite. You just know sourness voted for Brexit.
bman2
Legend

swampash wrote: 2 years ago It's been great to see them off but I'm still pretty worried about the 2024 CL changes, to be honest.
Yeah a cynical money grab has been defeated by entrenched corruption and xenophobic English nationalism. Happy days!
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Even our withdrawal statement is crass and lacks in class. Every other British Club has come out with something along the lines of 'we fucked up, we're sorry, we've heard you and we're binning it'.

We can't resist tailing ours with 'We remain committed to working with others across the football community to come up with sustainable solutions to the long-term challenges facing the game'. We're not the money grabbing whores out to line the pockets of our owners - no, no, we're the saviours. Something has to be done you see?

How about not taking billions out in fucking dividends and giving Old Trafford a lick of paint you fucking parasites?
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

swampash wrote: 2 years ago It's been great to see them off but I'm still pretty worried about the 2024 CL changes, to be honest.
Yeah, it's ESL lite, done to stave off a ESL. That's why they were so shocked when Ed & co pulled out. If we can get these cunts out of our clubs we could stop shit like this. Also fans need a voice, then we can really influence the direction football is going in.
swampash
Legend

bman2 wrote: 2 years ago
Yeah a cynical money grab has been defeated by entrenched corruption and xenophobic English nationalism. Happy days!
:))
swampash
Legend

Pretty sure the Glazers will now look to sell. Share price has settled back to where it was before this debacle, so they might as well cash in the chips.
Hopefully the government's discovery of the need to take action over football will extend to a stringent enforcement of the proper person test for owners.
swampash
Legend

It’s a relief it all fell apart so quickly. I had my wife’s and my United T-shirts, duvet covers, matching pillow cases, key ring and my scarf all packed up and ready for posting to the owners with a jar of Vaseline to aid insertion...
Luckily it all moved so fast I saved the postage...
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

swampash wrote: 2 years ago It’s a relief it all fell apart so quickly. I had my wife’s and my United T-shirts, duvet covers, matching pillow cases, key ring and my scarf all packed up and ready for posting to the owners with a jar of Vaseline to aid insertion...
Luckily it all moved so fast I saved the postage...
:))