Deja Veuropa

Manchester United chat
bman2
Legend

6 months ago

We've drawn Real Socieded in the Europa. They're top of the Spanish league right now, so they're probably good enough to fuck us up badly if we get the tactics wrong. Looks like they defend well, only 6 goals conceded in 13 games this season.
Sid
Legend

6 months ago

If we lose to them... Fucking hell
fat maradona
Legend

6 months ago

Sid wrote:
6 months ago
I hope we do
bman2
Legend

6 months ago

Can’t win situation for Ole really. I don’t think many supporters could care about Europa now, but getting beaten will look bad too.
swampash
Legend

6 months ago

fat maradona wrote:
6 months ago
Sid wrote:
6 months ago
I hope we do
Me too.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggedy beasties and things that go bump in the night, Good Lord deliver us...and while you're at it, a bit of a helping hand with hobbits wouldn't go amiss...
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

6 months ago

What does it matter? Getting into the CL was only necessary for the finances and kudos, we were never gonna win it. And having got back in, we fucked up the window anyway. So we’re back to starting from scratch.
bman2
Legend

6 months ago

Edfuckingwoodward wrote:
6 months ago
What does it matter? Getting into the CL was only necessary for the finances and kudos, we were never gonna win it. And having got back in, we fucked up the window anyway. So we’re back to starting from scratch.
And having gotten humiliated in the group stage, we’ve reduced our chances of attracting good players in the January and summer Windows.
Sid
Legend

6 months ago

If we get knocked out by Sociedad and the league position is shit then Ed might have to sack Ole. I don't think doing well in the other two cups will save him as they didn't Gaal or Mourinho.

But I'd be surprised if we replaced him with a world class coach like Poch cos the finances are dire. They'd have to use the money from a future transfer season but that's incredibly risky cos the covid uncertainty is gonna go on well into next season. We might even have another temp manager in charge like we did Giggs. They almost definitely won't have anyone lined up cos they're reactive not proactive.