Assessing our squad

Manchester United chat
swampash
Legend

I think VdB for Pogba in that lineup. And Greenwood as one of the two strikers.
swampash
Legend

I'd quite like to see Lindelöf and McT tried as a CB pairing.
bman2
Legend

swampash wrote: 2 years ago I'd quite like to see Lindelöf and McT tried as a CB pairing.
Whever he plays, McT needs to work on his passing. He’s one of a few players that don’t seem to have been trained up at all since Jose left. I like him as a player, but he needs to be a bigger part of our play. He’s mostly just a tackler really the past couple of years.
Jason
Star Man

https://www.football365.com/news/opinio ... f-rangnick

This is pretty harsh, but it rings true.

Just raises the question, who the fuck decided spending 50 odd mill, on a rb who had one full season of pl football, at palace was a good idea.

130mill spent on him and maguire. Heads should roll for that, its an absolute madness!
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

jason_uk wrote: 2 years ago https://www.football365.com/news/opinio ... f-rangnick

Just raises the question, who the fuck decided spending 50 odd mill, on a rb who had one full season of pl football, at palace was a good idea.

130mill spent on him and maguire. Heads should roll for that, its an absolute madness!
He's not a Rangnick player in that he's shite on the ball. His first touch bounces off him. So he's going to be useless in tight spaces when we play with a high line.

I love how Rangnick has no allegiance to these big players. He'll drop the likes of Wan-Bissaka and Shaw if they're not performing or fitting the system. It's gonna be fun to watch tbf. They all have to everything to prove, and some of them will undoubtedly move on to another club.
bman2
Legend

jason_uk wrote: 2 years ago https://www.football365.com/news/opinio ... f-rangnick

Yup, £130 million on a right back who can't attack and a centre back who can't run. But nobody wanted to hear it at the time. And don't forget James. Remember how people were saying that was a great summer's business? They both need to be moved on, although it's possible AWB can be trained up. None of our younger players made any visible progress during Ole's time in change, except Greenwood, but even there it was obviously just a result of him growing out of his teens.

I've been saying it for ages, that Lindelof, Dalot, and Telles should be starting. And now that we've got Varane, he's obviously a great candidate to complete the back four.
bman2
Legend

And don't forget Ole also wanted to sign that random young midfielder at Newcastle, who turned out to be worse even than his younger brother, who nobody could care about now either.

The Brexit FC mentality was absolutely true. Amazing incompetence. Fuck me it still makes me angry.
Jason
Star Man

bman2 wrote: 2 years ago And don't forget Ole also wanted to sign that random young midfielder at Newcastle, who turned out to be worse even than his younger brother, who nobody could care about now either.

The Brexit FC mentality was absolutely true. Amazing incompetence. Fuck me it still makes me angry.
Oh yeah, id forgot about that one, Sean longstaff!
Pretty much has same parallels as awb, in that he was just young, British, and had almost zero first team exp, and yet ole deemed him as the mf solution.

I can imagine if palace had played hardball and refused the 50mill, you could be writing a similar article for him, but palace had the sense to snap utds hand off!

https://www.football365.com/news/opinio ... m-transfer
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

The time and money we've wasted, post Fergie, is criminal.

Maybe we had to endure it all before someone at the club finally woke up and said 'fuck this, we need a complete reset, and having a banker run a football operation is madness. Go an get someone who knows how to build a football club properly'.

I just hope we don't half arse this. Trust Ragnick to do what's necessary, drop or bullet whoever needs to be gone, let him create a proper philosophy that permeates the club.

The noises around Ten Hag coming in, possibly with Van Der Sar too, with Ragnick setting the blueprint and laying the groundwork sound too good to be true. But its EXACTLY what's needed.
bman2
Legend

Talk that Newcastle want Lingard, will pay him a lot. Maybe they want these players in January, because they must be desperate to avoid the drop. Maybe we can dump some of our dross on them in January, get a few quid. Lingard and Martial could give them a few goals, which is all they need to avoid relegation.