Assessing our squad

Manchester United chat
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

dozer wrote: 1 year ago Ten Hag will only have himself to blame when we inevitably fuck up our season after he trusts Martial as our striker. The fans and the club will want him out.

No manager must trust players who've established themselves as crap, consistently over many years with different managers.
Who else can he play up front then Dozer?
bman2
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago
dozer wrote: 1 year ago Ten Hag will only have himself to blame when we inevitably fuck up our season after he trusts Martial as our striker. The fans and the club will want him out.

No manager must trust players who've established themselves as crap, consistently over many years with different managers.
Yeah, with our first PL game less than two weeks away, I think it’s fair to say that our handling of transfers and squad management is every bit as shit as it has ever been. Only Malacia was signed in time to take part in pre-season training. Last season was our worst season in the PL ever. But we’re starting the new season with a much worse attack and midfield. Optimistically we can hope that Martinez makes our defense better, but otherwise this is a dog shit squad. Easily the worst United has ever had in the PL era. And the club has done nothing to fucking improve it.

I’m sure we’ll scramble and panic buy a couple of players in the last couple of weeks of the window, once the season proper has already started. Same old shit with Glazers United.
bman2
Legend

How shit do last summer’s transfers look now that we know that Varane has dodgy knees? He can’t play 50% of games, can’t do double training sessions on the preseason tour. Spent all our money and time getting Sancho, and left the midfield to rot. And looks like we’re not even going to fix the midfield this summer now either.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

bman2 wrote: 1 year ago How shit do last summer’s transfers look now that we know that Varane has dodgy knees? He can’t play 50% of games, can’t do double training sessions on the preseason tour. Spent all our money and time getting Sancho, and left the midfield to rot. And looks like we’re not even going to fix the midfield this summer now either.
Its a fucking joke. I remember thinking Varane was a steal - but Madrid knew exactly what they were doing.

The Midfield situation is pathetic, it really is. I get that Hag wants Jong, but we're being dicked around there. And in any event, I can't for the life of me figure out why we aren't just going and getting Tielemans for 25m. That is a bargain and he's an immediate upgrade on what we have, whether Jong comes or not (and he won't).

To be going into another season with McFred as our first choice pairing is a pisstake. And unless Eriksen is played as an 8, then our backup options are Beek, Iqbal and Savage. Fuck me.
bman2
Legend

bman2 wrote: 1 year ago How shit do last summer’s transfers look now that we know that Varane has dodgy knees? He can’t play 50% of games, can’t do double training sessions on the preseason tour. Spent all our money and time getting Sancho, and left the midfield to rot. And looks like we’re not even going to fix the midfield this summer now either.
Its a fucking joke. I remember thinking Varane was a steal - but Madrid knew exactly what they were doing.

The Midfield situation is pathetic, it really is. I get that Hag wants Jong, but we're being dicked around there. And in any event, I can't for the life of me figure out why we aren't just going and getting Tielemans for 25m. That is a bargain and he's an immediate upgrade on what we have, whether Jong comes or not (and he won't).

To be going into another season with McFred as our first choice pairing is a pisstake. And unless Eriksen is played as an 8, then our backup options are Beek, Iqbal and Savage. Fuck me.
Tielemans for £25M? Good value that if true. Spurs got Bissouma for £25M. Bissouma, Tielemans, and Eriksen would give you a brand new good midfield for less than we paid for Martinez. Maybe not as good as the best midfields, but a lot better than what we’ve got.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Tielemans only has a year left on his deal. Lots of talk that somewhere around that figure would get him.
Jason
Star Man

dozer wrote: 1 year ago Why is Eriksen not in in the pre season tour? There can't be any good reason, I'm certain about that.
Likely the visa came into it as well, its takes time to sort those things, regardless of who you are.
dozer
Legend

jason_uk wrote: 1 year ago
dozer wrote: 1 year ago Why is Eriksen not in in the pre season tour? There can't be any good reason, I'm certain about that.
Likely the visa came into it as well, its takes time to sort those things, regardless of who you are.
If United wanted eriksen they should have sorted out the deal and the visa stuff months ago. Not last week. Ten Hag would have given the go ahead the minute he joined the club, which was immediately after Ajax's last game.
dozer
Legend

Ronaldo or a new striker. There is no other choice.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

dozer wrote: 1 year ago

Ronaldo or a new striker. There is no other choice.
Ronaldo doesn't want to be here and Hag can't buy a top (or any) striker without backing from the Board. And that backing, at best, is highly questionable.