Plucky little biggest club in the world

Manchester United chat
User avatar
swampash
Legend
Posts: 5147
Joined: 7 years ago

1 month ago

Not sure how you figure that dozer. I didn’t expect us to finish the season second for sure but made no specific forecast after your superior judgement was demonstrated at Christmas.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggedy beasties and things that go bump in the night, Good Lord deliver us...and while you're at it, a bit of a helping hand with hobbits wouldn't go amiss...
User avatar
dozer
Legend
Posts: 6537
Joined: 8 years ago

1 month ago

swampash wrote:
1 month ago
Not sure how you figure that dozer. I didn’t expect us to finish the season second for sure but made no specific forecast after your superior judgement was demonstrated at Christmas.
I'm just trying to figure out where did you think we'd end up this season at the beginning of the season. You did estimate for half way through but what about the end of the season?
User avatar
swampash
Legend
Posts: 5147
Joined: 7 years ago

1 month ago

dozer wrote:
1 month ago
swampash wrote:
1 month ago
Not sure how you figure that dozer. I didn’t expect us to finish the season second for sure but made no specific forecast after your superior judgement was demonstrated at Christmas.
I'm just trying to figure out where did you think we'd end up this season at the beginning of the season. You did estimate for half way through but what about the end of the season?
Was impossible to forecast from my perspective dozer, as I fully expected us to be outside the top six at Christmas and that the hobbit would probably be replaced. So too many variables to make a judgement on the end of season position for me.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggedy beasties and things that go bump in the night, Good Lord deliver us...and while you're at it, a bit of a helping hand with hobbits wouldn't go amiss...
User avatar
bman2
Legend
Posts: 8748
Joined: 8 years ago

1 month ago

Jose has come out and taken the piss out of the falling standards at United, pointing out that second place is now considered a successful season. He’s a cunt, but he’s obviously right. Think of it this way — we came second under him with 81 points, and City won the title this season with 86 points. That’s just five points more. So three seasons later, it stands to reason that if we were *actually* making *real* progress, we’d have done at least 5 points better and won the title this season. But we got 74 points, because we’re going backwards.

Signed Bruno, signed Cavani, have Greenwood old enough to be a first team regular. But we only scored five more goals this season than we did under Jose, who played comically negative, defensive football.

In defence, signed Maguire, Bissaka, Telles. But we conceded 44 goals compared to 28 under Jose, who was relying on Lindelof, Smalling, Blind, Young, Valencia etc.
User avatar
dozer
Legend
Posts: 6537
Joined: 8 years ago

1 month ago

bman2 wrote:
1 month ago
Jose has come out and taken the piss out of the falling standards at United, pointing out that second place is now considered a successful season. He’s a cunt, but he’s obviously right. Think of it this way — we came second under him with 81 points, and City won the title this season with 86 points. That’s just five points more. So three seasons later, it stands to reason that if we were *actually* making *real* progress, we’d have done at least 5 points better and won the title this season. But we got 74 points, because we’re going backwards.

Signed Bruno, signed Cavani, have Greenwood old enough to be a first team regular. But we only scored five more goals this season than we did under Jose, who played comically negative, defensive football.

In defence, signed Maguire, Bissaka, Telles. But we conceded 44 goals compared to 28 under Jose, who was relying on Lindelof, Smalling, Blind, Young, Valencia etc.
This is where you;re peddling false information to help your argument bman.
That was mooted as a successful season for Jose as well, by the fans at least. People criticised the boring football, but that season was deemed a success.
He did poorly the following season and was sacked. Idk why the club didn't back him in that window though.
He still spent way more money than Ole so why are we bringing Ole's signings into this?
If anything bman, you're the one with inconsitent standards, supporting calling Jose's season successful and Ole's season a failure. Both came second so why not call them both as a failure or a success?
User avatar
dozer
Legend
Posts: 6537
Joined: 8 years ago

1 month ago

swampash wrote:
1 month ago
dozer wrote:
1 month ago
swampash wrote:
1 month ago
Not sure how you figure that dozer. I didn’t expect us to finish the season second for sure but made no specific forecast after your superior judgement was demonstrated at Christmas.
I'm just trying to figure out where did you think we'd end up this season at the beginning of the season. You did estimate for half way through but what about the end of the season?
Was impossible to forecast from my perspective dozer, as I fully expected us to be outside the top six at Christmas and that the hobbit would probably be replaced. So too many variables to make a judgement on the end of season position for me.
Fair enough. But Ole did beat your expectations though by finishing second.
You're not happy although he beat your own (admittedly low) expectations. If second wasn't good enough, I suppose even first woudn't have been good enough and would have been "inspite of the hobbit" because both are way higher than 7th.
User avatar
bman2
Legend
Posts: 8748
Joined: 8 years ago

1 month ago

dozer wrote:
1 month ago
bman2 wrote:
1 month ago
Jose has come out and taken the piss out of the falling standards at United, pointing out that second place is now considered a successful season. He’s a cunt, but he’s obviously right. Think of it this way — we came second under him with 81 points, and City won the title this season with 86 points. That’s just five points more. So three seasons later, it stands to reason that if we were *actually* making *real* progress, we’d have done at least 5 points better and won the title this season. But we got 74 points, because we’re going backwards.

Signed Bruno, signed Cavani, have Greenwood old enough to be a first team regular. But we only scored five more goals this season than we did under Jose, who played comically negative, defensive football.

In defence, signed Maguire, Bissaka, Telles. But we conceded 44 goals compared to 28 under Jose, who was relying on Lindelof, Smalling, Blind, Young, Valencia etc.
This is where you;re peddling false information to help your argument bman.
That was mooted as a successful season for Jose as well, by the fans at least. People criticised the boring football, but that season was deemed a success.
He did poorly the following season and was sacked. Idk why the club didn't back him in that window though.
He still spent way more money than Ole so why are we bringing Ole's signings into this?
If anything bman, you're the one with inconsitent standards, supporting calling Jose's season successful and Ole's season a failure. Both came second so why not call them both as a failure or a success?
Usually substance free drivel from you. What “false information”? Name one thing.

Btw the way, I said Jose should be sacked after his second season. The club should have backed him or sacked him, instead they chose the worst option, wasted the following season, and decided to stick with the interim manager indefinitely because he didn’t criticize the owners.
Post Reply