Plucky little biggest club in the world

Manchester United chat
User avatar
bman2
Legend
Posts: 8931
Joined: 8 years ago

3 months ago

Is anybody else fed up with the nostalgic mediocrity Woodward and the Glazers have tried to seduce us with in recent years? Oooh we did a smash and grab against PSG! Ooooh we’re a banana skin team for City! Ooooh we made top four, give Ole a new long term contract.

Thank god for Chelsea tbh, they’ve given us the reality check almost every United supporter including myself needs.
User avatar
bman2
Legend
Posts: 8931
Joined: 8 years ago

3 months ago

Ferguson didn’t win the title two seasons in a row in the early 2000s, and people were starting to whisper that he was past it.

I’d replace Ole now. But at the very least, he had to be publicly told to win the CL or the PL next season, or fuck off.
User avatar
swampash
Legend
Posts: 5224
Joined: 7 years ago

3 months ago

bman2 wrote:
3 months ago
Ferguson didn’t win the title two seasons in a row in the early 2000s, and people were starting to whisper that he was past it.

I’d replace Ole now. But at the very least, he had to be publicly told to win the CL or the PL next season, or fuck off.
:-BD
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggedy beasties and things that go bump in the night, Good Lord deliver us...and while you're at it, a bit of a helping hand with hobbits wouldn't go amiss...
User avatar
dozer
Legend
Posts: 6661
Joined: 8 years ago

3 months ago

swampash wrote:
3 months ago
bman2 wrote:
3 months ago
Ferguson didn’t win the title two seasons in a row in the early 2000s, and people were starting to whisper that he was past it.

I’d replace Ole now. But at the very least, he had to be publicly told to win the CL or the PL next season, or fuck off.
:-BD
Swamps, you didn't expect United to finish above 7th.
By your own low expectations Ole has massively overachieved.
I kind of agree with bman in the sense we must compete for the league and the CL.
But even 4th place next season should mean progress by your own expectations Swamps.
User avatar
swampash
Legend
Posts: 5224
Joined: 7 years ago

3 months ago

To be absolutely precise dozer, my expectation related to the Boxing Day position.
I still hold to the basic position that we achieved second despite the hobbit.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggedy beasties and things that go bump in the night, Good Lord deliver us...and while you're at it, a bit of a helping hand with hobbits wouldn't go amiss...
User avatar
jason_uk
Star Man
Posts: 690
Joined: 7 years ago

3 months ago

Keep the faith, the rebuild will only take another 20 odd years, and maybe then, if we are really lucky we might be ready for a title challenge.

Jokes aside, if ogs doesn't challenge properly for the title ie be in with a shout with 3 games left, and make it the qf stage of cl, it'll be another failure, and serious questions have to be raised.

But he's there to stay for long term imo, going nowhere, is the perfect buffer between the fans and the glazer ownership.
User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 26835
Joined: 8 years ago

3 months ago

jason_uk wrote:
3 months ago
Keep the faith, the rebuild will only take another 20 odd years, and maybe then, if we are really lucky we might be ready for a title challenge.

Jokes aside, if ogs doesn't challenge properly for the title ie be in with a shout with 3 games left, and make it the qf stage of cl, it'll be another failure, and serious questions have to be raised.

But he's there to stay for long term imo, going nowhere, is the perfect buffer between the fans and the glazer ownership.
Quite literally. When fans invaded Carrington, Ole went out to meet them and defend the Glazers.
User avatar
bman2
Legend
Posts: 8931
Joined: 8 years ago

3 months ago

I don’t just want to have a go at Ole. He’s done ok, and there’s nothing but soulless wankers above him at the club.

But Tuchel strolling in and turning around Chelsea in half a season, winning the CL, shows what a load of bullshit this eternal rebuild stuff is for a club as big as United.
User avatar
bman2
Legend
Posts: 8931
Joined: 8 years ago

3 months ago

The “cultural reboot” is shite because everyone knows the terrible culture trickles down from the top, from owners and execs that don’t care about football or winning.
User avatar
dozer
Legend
Posts: 6661
Joined: 8 years ago

3 months ago

swampash wrote:
3 months ago
To be absolutely precise dozer, my expectation related to the Boxing Day position.
I still hold to the basic position that we achieved second despite the hobbit.
Let me understand this right.
Last summer You expected us to not get above 7th mid season. But you expected United to finish second at the end of the season?
Post Reply