Varane - welcome

Manchester United chat
swampash
Legend

I wonder if Ole might be thinking of Lindelof as a DM, or maybe playing a back 3?
dozer
Legend

swampash wrote: 2 years ago I wonder if Ole might be thinking of Lindelof as a DM, or maybe playing a back 3?
Lindelof might be a good dm. Worth trying him out. Has he ever played there outside of United?
bman2
Legend

dozer wrote: 2 years ago Ok Lindelof can pass. Is Lindelof a good defender bman?
I think he’s a good defender for a possession team. Less so if you’re sitting deep and playing on the counter. But CBs are all about partnerships.
bman2
Legend

swampash wrote: 2 years ago I wonder if Ole might be thinking of Lindelof as a DM, or maybe playing a back 3?
Yeah I was thinking that he has a lot of the qualities we’d like in a DM. But I don’t know how well he’d play in that position, being pressed more. We’ve never tried him there, though he did play there when he was younger. In general Ole doesn’t seem to try people in different positions much.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Varane is obviously going to improve our defence, but the new set piece coach Eric Ramsey will too. Last season we conceded the most number of goals from set pieces other than Leeds. So Ramsey will improve that. Not having Hoof anywhere near the 11 will too obviously.
bman2
Legend

Sid wrote: 2 years ago Varane is obviously going to improve our defence, but the new set piece coach Eric Ramsey will too. Last season we conceded the most number of goals from set pieces other than Leeds. So Ramsey will improve that. Not having Hoof anywhere near the 11 will too obviously.
Yeah the state of our set pieces is quite shocking for a club as wealthy as United. It just looks unprofessional tbh. I hope it gets sorted.

I really hope Ole writes a great memoir about it all, years from now. The state of this club since SAF and Gil left… maybe we’re getting there.
Jason
Star Man

So he's down injured again, 1 game after coming back from injury.

Wtf is going on with the medical department, its clear we rush players back too soon. Is that on them, or are the coaches/ogs pushing them to let players train/play when they haven't fully recovered, because if so that's a fucking joke.

Surely the decision lies with the medical team and they have a duty of care for the player?!
fat maradona
Legend

I think key players are rushed back into the team because Ole doesn’t have faith in the back ups. When Rashford was brought back too soon from his back injury and it ended up costing him months out, especially at a time when he was showing brilliant form. Varane rushed back because Maguire showing he’s shite again but Ole won’t trust Bailly to play more than a cameo.

We’ve got the biggest squad in the league but the fewest rotations. This isn’t an official stat, just something I think is true.
bman2
Legend

Yeah it’s happened a lot of times now. It’s a pretty obvious pattern given how little Ole rotates. It’s a self-fulfilling pattern now too, because it’s obvious which players he doesn’t rate, so it must be hard for them to have the right attitude on the rare occasions they’re called on.

I also think our first choices players only play better because they have more opportunity to get used to each other and build partnerships. They don’t get coached enough to slot alternative players into the system. So it’s impossible for any of the unchosen many to break the cycle, because we’re set up to make it harder for them to shine when they get the chance.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Sid wrote: 2 years ago Varane is obviously going to improve our defence, but the new set piece coach Eric Ramsey will too. Last season we conceded the most number of goals from set pieces other than Leeds. So Ramsey will improve that. Not having Hoof anywhere near the 11 will too obviously.
How wrong was I, fucking hell. It was nice to dream though.