Varane - welcome

Manchester United chat
fat maradona
Legend

Sid wrote: 2 years ago
Rather than Jose's dosser
tbf to Hoof, he did have a good game against Leeds.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Varane wants Jones' number 4 shirt but apparently he won't give it up
Jason
Star Man

Sid wrote: 2 years ago Varane wants Jones' number 4 shirt but apparently he won't give it up
He's been unveiled with 19, so doubt that will change now.

Jones being a knob, he has played 2 games that past 2 seasons, and doesn't deserve the number.

End your career with a bit of grace and step aside giving up the number.

Unless he's a really popular squad member(and it would have caused drama) ole should have just stripped it from him. The club decide who is assigned what number.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

jason_uk wrote: 2 years ago
Sid wrote: 2 years ago Varane wants Jones' number 4 shirt but apparently he won't give it up
He's been unveiled with 19, so doubt that will change now.

Jones being a knob, he has played 2 games that past 2 seasons, and doesn't deserve the number.

End your career with a bit of grace and step aside giving up the number.

Unless he's a really popular squad member(and it would have caused drama) ole should have just stripped it from him. The club decide who is assigned what number.
From what I gather Jones spent a lot of time under Ole training on his own because he wasn't included in the 25 man Prem or CL squads. Also remember when he was seen mouthing the words "sacked in the morning" as the crowd were chanting it. That happened after Ole had begun benching Jones cos he realised he was shite.

I agree, they should strip him of the number and give it to Varane. I know it's only a number but Jones is the last cunt left from all of the previous failed projects. He's an icon of shitness. It's time to end it.
bman2
Legend

Who gives a shit about shirt numbers. I’m relieved that Varane doesn’t seem to care. He’s basically our captain now, and we need that maturity.
bman2
Legend

fat maradona wrote: 2 years ago
Yes, he was excellent. I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up being first choice with Varane. Obviously will go with Slabhead, but he gets injured or something and Lindelof gets a chance, I suspect we’ll never look back. Playing a high line with Lindo spraying the passes.
dozer
Legend

bman2 wrote: 2 years ago
Yes, he was excellent. I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up being first choice with Varane. Obviously will go with Slabhead, but he gets injured or something and Lindelof gets a chance, I suspect we’ll never look back. Playing a high line with Lindo spraying the passes.
Subtle troll. Good job.
bman2
Legend

dozer wrote: 2 years ago
bman2 wrote: 2 years ago
Subtle troll. Good job.
Praise from Caesar! Actually not trolling at all. I happen to think Maguire is good on the ball, I’ve said that before. But Lindelof is better in that respect, he’s a genuinely excellent passer. He ran the game against Leeds, his performance was as good as Pogba and Fernandes. Look at the stats, his possession and passing greatly exceeded everyone else on the pitch. Not for the first time, he got an assist. An assist gets attention, especially from a CB, but the assist is the most visible demonstration of how he was playing, head up, good vision, progressive passing.

When your midfielders are Fred and McT, your passing is going to have to come from somewhere else. I’m sure Maguire is Ole’s preferred choice, and I do think Maguire is a better defender than Lindelof. But if we’re the better side, it can be more useful to have the stronger passer in there with Varane. Lindelof would look good in a City, Barca, Leipzig type team, with a high line and emphasis on possession and passing.
bman2
Legend

Anyway, whoever partners with Varane, I’m excited about this signing. Varane and Maguire should be good; and if it’s Varane and Lindelof, then presumably that’s proving to be even better. So whichever. Can’t remember the last signing I was as excited about. Possibly Bruno, but there was the possibility that he might struggle going from Portugal to the PL, he was a bit more of an unknown. Varane is like signing SChweinsteiger, only he’s still in his late 20s and in his prime.
dozer
Legend

Ok Lindelof can pass. Is Lindelof a good defender bman?