The Managerial Merry-go-around.

Manchester United chat
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

It'll be interesting to see how the players respond to being trained like this. Hopefully they're bang up for it. However if we're serious about a proper reset, about embedding a proper style, we may need patience. Klopp and Pep were a bit shit for their first year or two, but you could see what they were trying to do. I think United fans will be prepared to have patience, if we can see a proper, modern plan being put into effect.

bman2
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 2 years ago
Sid wrote: 2 years ago BBC Five Live are talking about Rangnick's famous 3 Cs. They are cash, competence and concept.

We have the first bit, but are fucking woefully on competence and concept. So let's not get too excited. If operations behind the scenes are that bad, he might not hang around

If he's going to work his magic, he's going to need the Glazers to step it up, and for Ed to fuck off. You can't just do what the Glazers like to do and hire this cunt and think job done. They need to support him - more than just handing over cash.
He apparently loves a project, not a quick fix, he wants to build something. He could crown his legacy here, if he sorts us out properly. And I don't think he'll demand massive budgets either- I think he'll be happy operating within the sort of envelope we already have. I'm trying to temper my excitement here, but this could be a real, proper step forward. In fact, don't properly, this could be the first good, big decision we've made in about 15 years.
He should have the sense and connections to get us some actual good value transfers. I’d say a key part of his pitch was highlighting how bad we are buying and selling.
sheesh
Legend

I'm super-excited about the arrival of Ralf Rangnick.

It's interesting to think what it might mean for some of our players.

There may be certain players who we've considered to be shite, whose careers could be revived with proper coaching. You never know. I can't see Pogba or Martial sticking around.
bman2
Legend

It all sounds too good to be true. It’s the hope that kills you.

So which one of you is Murtaugh? I was notorious for defending Fletcher and Carrick back in their playing days, but I swear I’m not either of them.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

FuB
Site Admin

Well, that should put an end to the bollocks circulating about Woodward staying... and thank god for that otherwise i'd have to change your username back
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

FuB wrote: 2 years ago
Well, that should put an end to the bollocks circulating about Woodward staying... and thank god for that otherwise i'd have to change your username back
:))
sheesh
Legend

I did wonder what Murtough was doing at the club, but to be fair to him, he was instrumental in bringing Rangnick in.

Woodward messed this club up for the last eight years. As long as he never has a meaningful say on anything significant again (as a consultant), it looks like the club is going to head in the right direction. Fingers crossed.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

I'm wondering why we'll need Murtough when we have Rangnick in a consultancy role
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Sid wrote: 2 years ago

I'm wondering why we'll need Murtough when we have Rangnick in a consultancy role
Maybe the idea is for Ragnick to mentor Fletcher and Murtogh for a couple of years and then assess.