The Managerial Merry-go-around.

Manchester United chat
bman2
Legend

fat maradona wrote: 2 years ago
Sid wrote: 2 years ago Anyone else concerned they'll give Rangnick a longer managerial contract if he does well in the next 6 months?
I don’t think he wants to be a manager. I think what has brought him over is that he will be able to sort this club out and that that is what people will remember him most for. A parting gift for us United fans.
Yeah he’s never had a chance to do at a really big club what he did for the likes of Leipzig. It could be great, but let’s not discount United’s capacity to make a mess of this opportunity.

What would be ideal for us is if a manager joins in the summer who fits in well with with Rangnick’s style, and the club properly gets behind a proper rebuild project with him as the architect.
sheesh
Legend

According to Romano, Rangnick would be interested in taking the job full time if offered by United.

I can't see that happening, though, unless we were to somehow win the Champions League. Also, you would think that at least one of Poch or Ten Hag will be available in the summer.
swampash
Legend

Obviously I think Rangnick is a really good call, but let’s not get too carried away and see how it pans out. I’m hopeful but realistic about how long it might take.
dozer
Legend

sheesh wrote: 2 years ago According to Romano, Rangnick would be interested in taking the job full time if offered by United.

I can't see that happening, though, unless we were to somehow win the Champions League. Also, you would think that at least one of Poch or Ten Hag will be available in the summer.
Then why wasn't he a full time manager prior to this? I find this strange.
If he's interested in the full time job then they either said no and he accepted the interim role OR they announce him as a full time manager right away.
bman2
Legend

swampash wrote: 2 years ago Obviously I think Rangnick is a really good call, but let’s not get too carried away and see how it pans out. I’m hopeful but realistic about how long it might take.
Yeah he’s taking over at the end of November. There’s just not a lot of time for training and coaching in the weeks ahead. I think it will be difficult for him to change anything very quickly.
fat maradona
Legend

No one bounces like us after a change of manager. You just watch us go.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

fat maradona wrote: 2 years ago No one bounces like us after a change of manager. You just watch us go.
True. The key with this bounce is how much our football changes. If we're winning and playing well but not playing like a Rangnick team (eg pressing), then I'd be worried cos they're not taking the instructions on board, they're just riding the wave which will inevitably crash. Our squad is capable of beating most teams in the Prem just cos of the amount of talent on the pitch, but how we do it is important if we're going to become proper challengers.
sheesh
Legend

dozer wrote: 2 years ago
sheesh wrote: 2 years ago According to Romano, Rangnick would be interested in taking the job full time if offered by United.

If he's interested in the full time job then they either said no and he accepted the interim role OR they announce him as a full time manager right away.
I don't know, mate. I thought it was a bit strange myself when I read about it. As I say, though, I can't see Rangnick taking over full time.

Ruben Amorim (manager of Sporting Lisbon) is a name a couple of the tabloids have linked us with. Probably a BS story, but let's see how that one pans out. I don't know anything about him.
dozer
Legend

sheesh wrote: 2 years ago
dozer wrote: 2 years ago

I don't know, mate. I thought it was a bit strange myself when I read about it. As I say, though, I can't see Rangnick taking over full time.

Ruben Amorim (manager of Sporting Lisbon) is a name a couple of the tabloids have linked us with. Probably a BS story, but let's see how that one pans out. I don't know anything about him.
As a manager Rangnick doesn't have top tier experience. He might be a top director or whatnot but it looks like he's not been the manager for too long.

I wouldn't give him the full time role, regardless of what he does this season. Unless maybe if he won us the league or champions league like magic.
swampash
Legend

dozer wrote: 2 years ago Then why wasn't he a full time manager prior to this?
Where on earth did you get this notion that he’s never been a manager?!