The Managerial Merry-go-around.

Manchester United chat
dozer
Legend

swampash wrote: 2 years ago
dozer wrote: 2 years ago Then why wasn't he a full time manager prior to this?
Where on earth did you get this notion that he’s never been a manager?!
I didn't say never. Look at his wiki page.
It looks like he's been a director most of the time, especially recently and he has taken the interim role occasionally whilst searching for a new manager.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Maybe he doesn't want to be a manager anymore. The model across Europe is that the manager is essentially the head coach. He wants oversight of everything to properly build clubs and nurture people in their correct roles. That's exactly what we need - I'm more excited about his 2 year role 'upstairs' as a means to him properly embedding his vision.

It wouldn't surprise me if a name or two that we weren't expecting crept into the mix for the manager role in the summer. Including Hassenhuttl.
fat maradona
Legend

The general theme coming out today is that Ralf will have massive input into who the next manager will be and yeh, so it would make sense that it'll be someone schooled in a similar way.
swampash
Legend

dozer wrote: 2 years ago
It looks like he's been a director most of the time, especially recently and he has taken the interim role occasionally whilst searching for a new manager.
Screw the Wki page dozer - look here
https://www.transfermarkt.com/ralf-rang ... 196/plus/1
dozer
Legend

From that link... he's been more of a director than a manger in the last decade.
He's managed for about 2 years. 1 season in 2018-19 and 1 season in 2015-16. I'm talking about the last decade.
Anyway, I'd brought up this point when there was a rumour that he's getting the permanent role. I'm glad that's not happening.
dozer
Legend

Is that a full time consultancy role from next season for Rangnick?
I'm assuming it might be considering he's on a contract.
If it were part time, they probably wouldn't have set it up as a 2 year contract but I don't really know.
FuB
Site Admin

From that link... he's been more of a director than a manger in the last decade.
He's managed for about 2 years. 1 season in 2018-19 and 1 season in 2015-16. I'm talking about the last decade.
Anyway, I'd brought up this point when there was a rumour that he's getting the permanent role. I'm glad that's not happening.
The rumour was that he would be prepared to accept the job longer term if it was offered, not that it had been.
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
swampash
Legend

Come on dozer - your original comment didn't say anything about 'the last ten years' and now you seem to be picking a time scale to try and make sense of your original, inaccurate, comment.
Fact is he's got loads of experience, including management, all of which we desperately need.
Of course this doesn't guarantee he will be successful but I, for one, think he has a pretty good chance of getting us out of the crap.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

I've no idea whether Ragnick will be successful.

But the fact that we're recruiting and empowering a capable, respected, football man to reshape the football side of the club, who has a clear philosophy centered around modern playing styles - and he's successfully implemented that style at other clubs and which has inspired some of the worlds leading coaches, is a massive step forward and reason to be optimistic. It feels like, for the first time since Fergie, we're at least giving ourselves a chance of being successful and recognising the nature of the fundamental problems we have.
swampash
Legend

Agree with all of that Joel - I wonder what/who brought about the change of view in the owners?