The Managerial Merry-go-around.

Manchester United chat
bman2
Legend

It could be a very positive long term development for the club if Murtaugh, Fletcher, Rangnick, and the next manager form a solid block that actually defend the football side of things in the club’s corporate politics. Get shot of Woodward, and then even if Judge replaces him and is the same sort of clueless crony, he won’t have as much power as Woodward has had.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

If Woodward sticks to the noodle deals and wine sponsors, and let's Ralf run the football side, he can stay as long as he wants. He's clearly good on the commercial side.
bman2
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 2 years ago If Woodward sticks to the noodle deals and wine sponsors, and let's Ralf run the football side, he can stay as long as he wants. He's clearly good on the commercial side.
I think he’s shown he’s a menace. Can’t be trusted to stay in his lane. He went power mad when he took over, and has been trying to cling on to it ever since.
bman2
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 2 years ago
This is the first ray of hope that we might have a future, that I've had in a while.
We’ll finally have a strong willed, opinionated outsider in a senior position. I don’t want to get my hopes up, but it feels like what we’ve been begging for for years.
bman2
Legend

Apparently Rangnick is bringing in some guy called Lars Kornetka that has a very strong coaching record, worked with a lot of the big name German managers. It all sounds promising.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

I'm in shock. The biggest thing for me is the 2 year consultancy role. That could be massive. He can't work his magic in 6 months, but he can in 2 and a half years. Also surely it means Ed is gonna properly fuck off.

I'm going to take a lot of convincing that we're a well run club. But this looks good.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

BBC Five Live are talking about Rangnick's famous 3 Cs. They are cash, competence and concept.

We have the first bit, but are fucking woefully on competence and concept. So let's not get too excited. If operations behind the scenes are that bad, he might not hang around

If he's going to work his magic, he's going to need the Glazers to step it up, and for Ed to fuck off. You can't just do what the Glazers like to do and hire this cunt and think job done. They need to support him - more than just handing over cash.
sheesh
Legend

Not sure if anyone else has seen it, but this appointment reminds me of the film "Dodgeball".

JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Sid wrote: 2 years ago BBC Five Live are talking about Rangnick's famous 3 Cs. They are cash, competence and concept.

We have the first bit, but are fucking woefully on competence and concept. So let's not get too excited. If operations behind the scenes are that bad, he might not hang around

If he's going to work his magic, he's going to need the Glazers to step it up, and for Ed to fuck off. You can't just do what the Glazers like to do and hire this cunt and think job done. They need to support him - more than just handing over cash.
He apparently loves a project, not a quick fix, he wants to build something. He could crown his legacy here, if he sorts us out properly. And I don't think he'll demand massive budgets either- I think he'll be happy operating within the sort of envelope we already have. I'm trying to temper my excitement here, but this could be a real, proper step forward. In fact, don't properly, this could be the first good, big decision we've made in about 15 years.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

How much do we need someone like this? Fucking get him here. If we fuck this up at the 11th hour, I will properly lose my shit.

https://www.coachesvoice.com/ralf-rangn ... b-leipzig/