Rangnarok: vorsprung durch coaching

Manchester United chat
swampash
Legend

Awesome!
swampash
Legend

Just an idle thought: could Rangnick‘s arrival at OT also herald Red Bull taking a stake in United? He’s obviously very close with Red Bull and they have previously expressed an interest in having a stake in an English club.
bman2
Legend

swampash wrote: 2 years ago Just an idle thought: could Rangnick‘s arrival at OT also herald Red Bull taking a stake in United? He’s obviously very close with Red Bull and they have previously expressed an interest in having a stake in an English club.
How does this work if terms meet in European competition? Aren’t there rules about this?
fat maradona
Legend

bman2 wrote: 2 years ago
swampash wrote: 2 years ago Just an idle thought: could Rangnick‘s arrival at OT also herald Red Bull taking a stake in United? He’s obviously very close with Red Bull and they have previously expressed an interest in having a stake in an English club.
How does this work if terms meet in European competition? Aren’t there rules about this?
Red Bull already have their fingers in the Leipzig and Salzburg pies, different countries and different leagues, it'd be bullshit if they weren't allowed to have an interest in the EPL too.

It's a good shout though, they're a properly run commercial outfit and would revolutionise Utd's commercial operations to another level.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

fat maradona wrote: 2 years ago
bman2 wrote: 2 years ago
Red Bull already have their fingers in the Leipzig and Salzburg pies, different countries and different leagues, it'd be bullshit if they weren't allowed to have an interest in the EPL too.

It's a good shout though, they're a properly run commercial outfit and would revolutionise Utd's commercial operations to another level.
Yeah and they'd change the United badge to the red bull logo, the kit to red and blue, the name to Red Bull United etc. It'd turn United into an advertising board for the company. Fuck that.
swampash
Legend

I think they would need to buy the whole club to do that Sid, which I can't really see happening at the moment. More likely would be a minority stake and possible sponsorship deal. Hasn't the new coach Rangnick is bringing in also had experience with Red Bull NY?
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

swampash wrote: 2 years ago I think they would need to buy the whole club to do that Sid, which I can't really see happening at the moment. More likely would be a minority stake and possible sponsorship deal. Hasn't the new coach Rangnick is bringing in also had experience with Red Bull NY?
Yeah he's the red bull New York coach. Good spot. It looks like we're getting the brains behind the red bull teams.

Btw I just read he's turned down Rangnicks offer so as it stands he's not coming.
fat maradona
Legend

Sid wrote: 2 years ago
Yeah and they'd change the United badge to the red bull logo, the kit to red and blue, the name to Red Bull United etc. It'd turn United into an advertising board for the company. Fuck that.
As Swampy says, it'd require a complete takeover for that but if they're taking small % off the Glazers and then bringing some of their commercial acumen to the table, how can that be a bad thing? Like it or not, we are a commercial juggernaut and that's unlikely to ever change unless a rich billionaire buys us and turns us back into a football club.
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

Rangnick on Paul Pogba: "I wouldn't say he's not worth keeping but, of course, players have to want to play and stay for a club and a big club like
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

NQAT's official saviour, International Lovemaker to the Stars and prince of cunts
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

Rangnick: "If a player does not want to play for a club like #mufc medium or long-term, I don't think it makes sense to convince him to change his mind."
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

NQAT's official saviour, International Lovemaker to the Stars and prince of cunts