Rangnarok: vorsprung durch coaching

Manchester United chat
bman2
Legend

Klopp was an active big name manager at the time though. He probably brought in several coaches with him. Rangnick has had to find some managers and hire them after getting the job because we probably didn’t have enough to begin with, then Carrick and Mckenna quit too:
swampash
Legend

At least one is signed up for the project. Need more of this,
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... his-season
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

swampash wrote: 2 years ago At least one is signed up for the project. Need more of this,
He's a better fit for the style Ralf wants than Ronaldo. I'm not convinced by this 4222 system, maybe it needs Cavani up top for a couple of games and a more conventional 433 type system, with Greenwood and Sancho either side.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 2 years ago
swampash wrote: 2 years ago At least one is signed up for the project. Need more of this,
He's a better fit for the style Ralf wants than Ronaldo. I'm not convinced by this 4222 system, maybe it needs Cavani up top for a couple of games and a more conventional 433 type system, with Greenwood and Sancho either side.
Agreed. That would have more balance. But Rangnick won't leave Ronaldo out. Got to think of the sponsors.
bman2
Legend

Some are saying Ralf wants a formation with two strikers so that he can have a hard running one beside Ronaldo.

I don’t think the formation is as important as whether the team runs and works hard. He’s obviously finding it difficult to transform us from a counterattacking “magic moments” outfit into a team that actually tries to dominate the opposition. It has to be done though, the last three years of half arsing it wasn’t getting us anywhere.
fat maradona
Legend

bman2 wrote: 2 years ago Some are saying Ralf wants a formation with two strikers so that he can have a hard running one beside Ronaldo.

I don’t think the formation is as important as whether the team runs and works hard. He’s obviously finding it difficult to transform us from a counterattacking “magic moments” outfit into a team that actually tries to dominate the opposition. It has to be done though, the last three years of half arsing it wasn’t getting us anywhere.
Agreed, the crux of the problem does seem to be the players' fitness levels and willingness to work HARD. You can see it through the games, the general laziness that the last 3 years has built up. And now they're having to run and be out of breath, the twats don't like it.
bman2
Legend

fat maradona wrote: 2 years ago
bman2 wrote: 2 years ago Some are saying Ralf wants a formation with two strikers so that he can have a hard running one beside Ronaldo.

Agreed, the crux of the problem does seem to be the players' fitness levels and willingness to work HARD. You can see it through the games, the general laziness that the last 3 years has built up. And now they're having to run and be out of breath, the twats don't like it.
Yeah it put a ceiling on our success. We were never going to break out of 70-something league points with the "magic moments" strategy. Not in a competitive league, where other teams have equally talented players, but have tactical systems that make them really work hard.
swampash
Legend

I like 4222! 2 strikers is way better than 1 and 4222 is really an aggressive variation on 442.
bman2
Legend

I think the movement and tactics are more important than the formation anyway. It doesn't matter what we call it, the problem is that the players aren't used to constantly moving and working as a team.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

There are reports that we've contacted Simeone. I can just see that - we go down the modern German technical route, only to change course again and sign a 442 defensive Jose type.