Rangnarok: vorsprung durch coaching

Manchester United chat
bman2
Legend

When we first hired him, several journalists familiar with him emphasized that he’s a really canny political operator. That’s been key to him turning around so many clubs. I think that might be someone we need — a manager clever to get on the owners’ good side, but who’ll still put the football first.
sheesh
Legend

Rangnick had his press conference today ahead of the match against Middlesbrough.

It seems that he hasn't been kept in the loop about our hunt for a new manager. He also sanctioned Lingard's departure from the club, but the board vetoed it because they didn't get an offer that was acceptable.

We also know that he asked for a midfielder last month, a request which was ignored.

Is there any point in him sticking around at the end of the season? Even the next manager will be another Glazer puppet.
swampash
Legend

sheesh wrote: 2 years ago Rangnick had his press conference today ahead of the match against Middlesbrough.

It seems that he hasn't been kept in the loop about our hunt for a new manager. He also sanctioned Lingard's departure from the club, but the board vetoed it because they didn't get an offer that was acceptable.

We also know that he asked for a midfielder last month, a request which was ignored.

Is there any point in him sticking around at the end of the season? Even the next manager will be another Glazer puppet.
Didn't see the press conference, but if this is true it doesn't auger well...
dozer
Legend

Master tactician Rangnick has been significantly worse than Ole in their first few games at United.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

It's not going to work under Rangnick. He's had more than 10 games and we're still shite. You see the odd glimpse of his philosophy on the pitch but he's not going to transform us. We'd have seen more at this point if the players were buying into it. But why would they when he's leaving in 5 months. The season's over in 4.

Unless we can magically win the CL, the season is a write off. It's all about whose coming in next.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Its not ragnick. Its partly the players, because the squad ain't good enough. But its much deeper. It goes to the very ethos and culture of the club, which lies at the door of the Glazers
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Agreed. His football has worked everywhere else, but it's not going to work here for the reasons you say. The players are too powerful and stuck in their ways. Rangnick needs a load of young, hungry players that buy into his philosophy - not established egos that are comfortable and have their own way of doing things.
sheesh
Legend

John Murtough told Lingard he could take time off so he could clear his head:

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... k-22996143

More undermining of the manager. What a shit show. Does anyone thinks things will change when the new manager comes in?
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

I said when Ralf came that our initial excitement needed to be tempered, because we didn't know what his mandate was. If he were being given authority and backing to start a proper rebuild of the club then great. But if he was being brought in just to keep things on an even keel, it wouldn't work.

I think we're getting our answer.
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

We need to move him upstairs and get Tag Hen in ASAP. If another club gets him before we do I’ll be so annoyed that I will seriously consider jacking this absolute wankstain of a club in. I do not want Poch over him at all.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

NQAT's official saviour, International Lovemaker to the Stars and prince of cunts