Rangnarok: vorsprung durch coaching

Manchester United chat
bman2
Legend

I don’t think it’s weird. From a legal perspective, he couldn’t work until the paperwork was sorted. Talking to a coach about an upcoming game would definitely count as work. You couldn’t rule out the Home Office jumping on any infraction, it’s become a rather unpleasant organization under the Tories. The fact this was held up in the first place shows that the bureaucrats are being wankers.
bman2
Legend

I’m reining in my expectations. Everything I’ve read about Rangnick indicates he’ll get stuck in straight away and work intensively. But we have 8 games in December. I think it’s going to be extremely difficult for him to change how we play with practically no coaching time. And he hasn’t even met the coaching staff yet. I’m just thinking of anything that comes out of this season as a bonus at this point. If the club had signed him after the Liverpool game, he would have had more chance to fix things, with a couple of international breaks to get himself established.

What really matters is that he’s given time. I was so annoyed with all the club’s talk of patience, a rebuild, and a long term project under Ole. Ole was obviously not the right person to do that. I want results quicker than three years away, but I hope supporters and the club have enough sense to recognize we now have someone on board who is qualified do everything the club PR has been spinning for three years.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Yeah I read they'll only be doing maybe a day or twos training each week over the festive period because the fixtures are so packed. He's come in at a bad time to change the philosophy. Fans need to be patient.
Jason
Star Man

bman2 wrote: 2 years ago I don’t think it’s weird. From a legal perspective, he couldn’t work until the paperwork was sorted. Talking to a coach about an upcoming game would definitely count as work. You couldn’t rule out the Home Office jumping on any infraction, it’s become a rather unpleasant organization under the Tories. The fact this was held up in the first place shows that the bureaucrats are being wankers.
I'm not expecting him to be out on the training pitch running drills, just didn't think it would have been crazy for him have a conversation with Carrick, but maybe I'm just naive with the whole beauacratic side of things!
bman2
Legend

jason_uk wrote: 2 years ago
bman2 wrote: 2 years ago I don’t think it’s weird. From a legal perspective, he couldn’t work until the paperwork was sorted. Talking to a coach about an upcoming game would definitely count as work. You couldn’t rule out the Home Office jumping on any infraction, it’s become a rather unpleasant organization under the Tories. The fact this was held up in the first place shows that the bureaucrats are being wankers.
I'm not expecting him to be out on the training pitch running drills, just didn't think it would have been crazy for him have a conversation with Carrick, but maybe I'm just naive with the whole beauacratic side of things!
Well at the very least they can’t admit to it in public.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Sid wrote: 2 years ago Yeah I read they'll only be doing maybe a day or twos training each week over the festive period because the fixtures are so packed. He's come in at a bad time to change the philosophy. Fans need to be patient.
I didn't fancy us for any of the major pots this season anyway, so I'm more than happy for him to use the rest of this season as a test bed. It might mean we miss out on top 4, which the money cunts will hate, but so be it.
swampash
Legend

Another reason why Brexit was dumb.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Ralf Rangnick to take charge of first Manchester United match on Sunday

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... dApp_Other
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

This will be interesting. Hopefully Ole's staff go too. Root and branch change.