Rangnarok: vorsprung durch coaching

Manchester United chat
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

dozer wrote: 2 years ago
bman2 wrote: 2 years ago It’s great listening to a manager who can talk about the football in a straightforward way. I really liked that he was emphasizing the need to take control on the pitch. That’s what we’ve been missing for a long time. Even if we’re playing well, winning a game, it’s a really long time since I felt like the team knew how to manage a game. I hope the players buy into it, I worry we’ve got a celebrity culture.
We actively encourage that celebrity culture. Eric Pogba Pogba was introduced with some song and dance.
Yeah it's true because celebrity generates publicity, clicks, interactions etc. It will be interesting to see how Rangnick gets on with that stuff. It's in the clubs DNA so it's not going to change any time soon.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

jason_uk wrote: 2 years ago So he did have a chat with Carrick and the coaches, so either it was after Carrick presser, or Micheal was just being tight lipped to stop any awkward questions about his future role, which would make sense.

"Michael, I got to know this two days ago. I met with Michael and Kieran, I had a long private conversation for more than an hour. I tried to convince him to stay, in the end, I had to accept that."
In that quote Rangnick also said "Carrick made his mind up weeks ago" - so it looks like Rangnick wanted him to stay.

He also said he has a role lined up for McKenna. So that's going to be interesting. Does anyone know if he's bringing any coaches with him?
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

I've just watched the full Rangnick interview - what he said about his coaches and analysts is interesting. He can't get them in cos they're all on big contracts. He said the new brexit rules are also fucking things up too. So he said they're going to have to bodge for the time being. That might be why he wanted to keep Carrick on, and why he's keeping McKenna on.

I wonder if this will slow down the transition to Rangnick football. It surely will. In which case it will be a rocky ride in the short time.
bman2
Legend

Sid wrote: 2 years ago I've just watched the full Rangnick interview - what he said about his coaches and analysts is interesting. He can't get them in cos they're all on big contracts. He said the new brexit rules are also fucking things up too. So he said they're going to have to bodge for the time being. That might be why he wanted to keep Carrick on, and why he's keeping McKenna on.

I wonder if this will slow down the transition to Rangnick football. It surely will. In which case it will be a rocky ride in the short time.
I’m not expecting rapid miracles. It would be very different if we’d hired him in the summer and hired coaches he liked too. We didn’t even do it before the international breaks. December in England, with 8-9 games for every PL team, is a tough time to take over.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

– Manchester United won possession in the final third 12 times – the most times they’ve done so in a Premier League match since Sir Alex Ferguson retired.
– Rangnick’s men also recorded season-high totals for touches in the opposition box and passes into the opponent’s penalty area.
– United made 77 passes into the final third against Crystal Palace, the most they have managed in a Premier League game this season.
– Manchester United kept their first clean at home, in any competition, since their 2-0 win over Granada in last season’s Europa League quarter-final – which was 234 days ago.
– After 30 minutes of the game, United had registered more shots (10) than they did in the entirety of their 4-1 defeat against Watford in November.
- Only two outfield players (Fred and Victor Lindelof) did not create a chance during the home side’s dominant first-half performance.

Its only a first step, but that's not bad at all given he had a single training session before the game.
swampash
Legend

Brilliant analysis Joel.
So looking forward to our next game.
bman2
Legend

Yeah and we play relatively weak teams for the next few weeks, which will give us time to get better at the high tempo. Our pass completion stats were relatively low against Palace. Better opposition might break our press and slaughter Maguire in a foot race. We’ll probably have some rough moments.
swampash
Legend

It was always about the tactics and the coaching rather than the players. Makes senses then that Ralph stuck at first with the team that beat Arsenal but with superior instructions. That way he can see who can adjust and who needs to be dropped.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Jason
Star Man

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 2 years ago

Shock horror, some coaching staff with actual coaching experience, who haven't previously played for the club. We're going to lose all that United DNA we've had peddled our way for the past 3 and a half seasons, which just seemed to equate to hiring a load of former players for the coaching roles, regardless of their experience.