Rangnarok: vorsprung durch coaching

Manchester United chat
bman2
Legend

swampash wrote: 2 years ago If Ralph can’t fix it, then I suspect no one can. He’s straight talking, knows football as well as anyone and is a proven innovator.
Turfing our the dross is long overdue and you can already see the players in the squad who have bought into his approach: McTominay, Telles, Dalot, Sancho, Greenwood, Cavani, DDG. Even Maguire seems to get the plot and is making an effort to adapt, though in his case he may just not have the natural ability that’s needed. Ronnie too doesn’t look that exposed and there are signs I think that Fred is improving under better coaching. That’s almost a full starting 11. Patience and a few clever additions will be rewarded.
Yeah I see it much the same way. Hopefully Ralf gets the time and support to put something together. Unfortunately he has to deal with a squad with some bad dynamics, plenty of players who want to leave and so on. It’s frustrating how much of shambles this season has been after the signings we made in the summer. I don’t think anyone expected us to be out of contention before October.
dozer
Legend

swampash wrote: 2 years ago If Ralph can’t fix it, then I suspect no one can. He’s straight talking, knows football as well as anyone and is a proven innovator.
Turfing our the dross is long overdue and you can already see the players in the squad who have bought into his approach: McTominay, Telles, Dalot, Sancho, Greenwood, Cavani, DDG. Even Maguire seems to get the plot and is making an effort to adapt, though in his case he may just not have the natural ability that’s needed. Ronnie too doesn’t look that exposed and there are signs I think that Fred is improving under better coaching. That’s almost a full starting 11. Patience and a few clever additions will be rewarded.
I'm just not seeing any evidence of these players buying into his approach because the approach itself isn't visible.

We have no option but to be patient. If we don't get Pochettino this summer, we're screwed.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

These players are cunts. We've enabled a culture of egotistical, self absorbed and fragile fuckers who don't know what winning and proper team ethics looks like.

Watching Chelsea v Liverpool was depressing. They play with an intensity, an aggression that we haven't seen for years. Literally years.
bman2
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 2 years ago Watching Chelsea v Liverpool was depressing. They play with an intensity, an aggression that we haven't seen for years. Literally years.
And both Chelsea and Liverpool have coaches that are sort of proteges of Ralf.

We've got many of the hottest managers in the sport in the PL at the moment. Pep, Klopp, Tuchel, Conte -- all leading top four contenders. And now Arsenal seems to be finding its rhythm. It's been so painful these last few years watching us not even come close to playing the kind of football our rivals are.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

bman2 wrote: 2 years ago
JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 2 years ago Watching Chelsea v Liverpool was depressing. They play with an intensity, an aggression that we haven't seen for years. Literally years.

We've got many of the hottest managers in the sport in the PL at the moment. Pep, Klopp, Tuchel, Conte -- all leading top four contenders. And now Arsenal seems to be finding its rhythm. It's been so painful these last few years watching us not even come close to playing the kind of football our rivals are.
Indeed. Ralf is their mentor, highly capable, well respected. If he doesn't get a tune out of these, its clear where the problem lies. I back him to overhaul this squad all the way.
fat maradona
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 2 years ago

Indeed. Ralf is their mentor, highly capable, well respected. If he doesn't get a tune out of these, its clear where the problem lies. I back him to overhaul this squad all the way.
The Glazers aren't known for having a well balanced, functional squad of players. They are more interested in the PR stunt signing, whatever drums up the most clicks and whatever pushes up that market confidence in the shares.

It's refreshing to see that all of Ralf's supposed transfer targets are relative unknowns for relatively little money. Compare that to Ole's fascination with paying over the odds for mediocre English players. For example, Rice for £100m+ or Kamara for sub £20m.
bman2
Legend

fat maradona wrote: 2 years ago

The Glazers aren't known for having a well balanced, functional squad of players. They are more interested in the PR stunt signing, whatever drums up the most clicks and whatever pushes up that market confidence in the shares.

It's refreshing to see that all of Ralf's supposed transfer targets are relative unknowns for relatively little money. Compare that to Ole's fascination with paying over the odds for mediocre English players. For example, Rice for £100m+ or Kamara for sub £20m.
Yeah Ralf has a track record of buying players that after a season or two, clubs like Unites are trying to buy for three times the price or more.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

There's a big fucking problem in that dressing room. That ain't a team.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

fat maradona wrote: 2 years ago

It'll be interesting to see how committed the Glazers are to implimenting Rangnick's football. I'd be surprised if our transfer strategy switches entirely to his tactical signings (who're typically low profile commercially) rather than the likes of Sancho, Cavani and Ronaldo. The club is run on commercial grounds, and Rangnick's appointment challenges that. I suppose it's about convincing them that success on the pitch results in commercial success too.

I reckon they're giving a left field choice like Rangnick a go cos United's commercials flatlined under Jose, then reversed under Ole. We no longer have the biggest sponsorship deals in football. We're being eclipsed. So the value of the asset is declining. It's last ditch stuff for them now.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Listen to that. Fuck me. Broken dressing room. We have serious issues.