Erik Ten Hag

Manchester United chat
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

I'm really liking Hag already. He's just what we need.

Sadly, he's going to be limited as to what he can achieve because of how the club is run.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Check this goal Gaal's Ajax team scored in 1995. There are remarkable similarities to Ten Hag / modern football - even a keeper playing it out from the back.

Jason
Star Man

Sid wrote: 1 year ago Check this goal Gaal's Ajax team scored in 1995. There are remarkable similarities to Ten Hag / modern football - even a keeper playing it out from the back.

That 95 ajax team were unreal, even just the names in that clip, van der sar, litmanen, de boer, davids, overmars.

Class goal!
bman2
Legend

Sid wrote: 1 year ago Check this goal Gaal's Ajax team scored in 1995. There are remarkable similarities to Ten Hag / modern football - even a keeper playing it out from the back.

By playing it out from the back, they pulled the other team in, looking to press and nick the ball from them. It’s a bit like they created a counter attacking situation out of nothing. Ballsy though. Mourinho and Ole would definitely have had the keeper boot it up the pitch.
fat maradona
Legend

jason_uk wrote: 1 year ago

That 95 ajax team were unreal, even just the names in that clip, van der sar, litmanen, de boer, davids, overmars.

Class goal!
And that's the thing, that Ajax side didn't have the likes of Maguire, McFred, AWB et al.

You can understand why ETH stresses the point about needing to buy the right type of player that can play that system. Which is a complete opposite to the past 10 years where we have bought players based on FM stats.
bman2
Legend

I’m less interested in the result against Brighton than the performance, and the performance was shitter than the result even. Couldn’t see any difference from last season. How many weeks away are we from the players and their agents briefing against the manager? 2?
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

There's nowhere else for the players, owners or Board to hide. We've hired an excellent, modern young coach who's clearly not being backed.

My hope for this season is that the inevitable shit show, and the bare nakedness of where accountantability lies, leads to a level of pressure we've not seen before and forces the sale of the club. Its the only way that the worm will turn. It needs to get very ugly I'm afraid. Because until the cancer is removed, we'll remain in a state of critical illness.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Ten Hag supposedly had a meeting with Murtough, Avram Glazer and Arnold after the game in a director's box. But it looks like more damage limitation briefing as he was filmed at a restaurant having his tea when he was meant to be in the meeting.
dozer
Legend

Let's not forget; one of the key expectations of Ten Hag by a lot of ranters here is that he's a top top coach who will "develop" experienced pros and improve them.
Rangick didn't show any evidence of personnel or tactical improvement. Ten Hag has had a pre season and only one game but the initial signs don't look good.

I've never believed any manager would improve this crap and their key and most difficult skill needed is to buy players who're successful for us.
Gaal showed some serious change in tactics but all his signings were dogshit and got him the sack. His football was the most boring of the lot too; I don't know if that's because of his tactics or because of his crap signings.