Woodward

Manchester United chat
LurganRed
First Teamer

7 years ago

In an article printed today Roy Keane has blamed Ed Woodward for the current state of the Club, over the past 12 months we've heard his name mentioned more than we ever did during David Gills tenure. Woodward is the Glazer's man at MUFC, say what you like about Gill but he was at the club before the Glazer's and always seemed to be a voice of reason between the supporters and our much hated owners. Woodward hails from an accounting back ground and has been responsible with securing the often dodgy sponsorship deals craved by the Glazer family those being- Japanese Tyre Firms, Malayisan Crisp Companies, Asian Noodle Companies & The Hong Kong Jockey Club.........????

When Gill stepped down from his post at the club the Glazer's wasted no time in promoting their money man. He spent his first summer securing more lucrative deals while United were on tour, and also opening a London Office of Manchester United which is just 30 min's away from the Capitals various Airports. He also broke cardinal rules set by Gill in publicly naming Transfer Targets and thanking those Targets for taking MUFC into consideration in the Cesc Fabregas saga. There have been stories that there was no real working relationship between Moyes and Woodward, Ferguson & Gill were a double team who worked closely together to keep the club running. Take a look across Europe and good relationship between Manager and Chief Exec usually leads to major success for example, Guardiola & Begiristain, Hitzfeld Heynckes & Rummenigge, Lippi Capello & Moggi.

There have also been the stories that Ed Woodward lead David Moyes along after United defeat in Greece, apparently the Glazer's made their decision for the axe to fall on Moyes that night. Though the Scotsman was none the wiser he apparently was given reassurances by his Chief Exec that his services were still required and there was a long term plan in place, Moyes was apparently busy working on deals for a summer transfer for Luke Shaw even going as far as meeting the players family, after United's defeat to Everton new's started to filter out of the club that Moyes was to sacked. This was the first show of the breaking of United's Mafia like use of the "Omerta", a code of silence that had long been in place under Ferguson where everything would be dealt with in house was in tatters. Moyes was summoned to Carrington in the early hours of the morning where Ed Woodward would be handing him his P45.

I have noticed over the last 6 months during games the TV Camera's are regularly shifting their len's to the Directors Boxes to focus on Ed Woodward, and what I've noticed is this -

He has no real interest in the game itself.

Cannot hid his discomfort well during a bad run of form

Likes to fiddle with his phone a fair amount of the time

And spents the majority of his time talking and joking with his mates siting alongside him, and that fuck's me off as Bobby Charlton and even his wife Norma take in every game focused on what's happening on the pitch while our clueless Chief Exec couldn't care less.

What we have is Peter Kenyon Mark 2 or God Forbid Garry Cook. Remember the Cringe worthy photo's of him and Mata in front of the Helicopter at Carrington??? Pure Kenyon.

The silence on the announcement of our New Manager speaks volumes, with Louis Van Gaal constantly telling the press to "Ask Manchester". We've also heard rumors Rio Ferdinand was told in the dressing room in front of his team mates he would not be offered a new deal, while Rio is past it and the squad needs overhauling he has been a fantastic servant to the club and should have been treated better and been given the chance to say good bye the same way Vidic was.

On Monday Chelsea set about getting their squad revamped by signing a deal with Douglas Costa before the World Cup inflates his transfer fee, Manchester United on the hand are without a manager, have an interim who doesn't know where his future lies, and club legends jumping ship or their contracts are being run down by the club.

Not a good way to right the wrong's of last summer.

We're going to have to get used to Ed Woodward's way of operating, as he is the Glazer's man and he is their voice. For years we laughed at Kenyon's big talk at Chelsea and Cook's gaff's every time he opened his mouth at City, but now we have our very own clown at the top.
Football...........Bloody Hell!!!- SAF 26th May 1999 Camp Nou Barcelona

I am not a Man, I AM CANTONA- Eric Cantona Looking For Eric
lars072
Legend

7 years ago

We need 3 things to happen in order for our great club to return to glory ~ replace Moyles, replace woodworm and the glazers sell the club. I think we are going to have to endure a few more shitty seasons before all 3 happen but in willing to sacrifice 2-3 seasons if this gapoens and our club can get back on track.
LurganRed
First Teamer

7 years ago

lars072 wrote:We need 3 things to happen in order for our great club to return to glory ~ replace Moyles, replace woodworm and the glazers sell the club. I think we are going to have to endure a few more shitty seasons before all 3 happen but in willing to sacrifice 2-3 seasons if this gapoens and our club can get back on track.

Lars the latter 2 won't happen anytime soon, for the first time ever the Glazer's will have to do without a significant amount of money as the squad needs to be overhauled. I truly believe they know that for the money to keep rolling in and the repayments to be payed then the club needs to be competing in the league and Europe.

Previously Fergie hauled the squad to titles they can't rely on that now.

With the lack of European Football next year, I predict money making friendlys to fill the void to keep the bank accounts topped up, similar to the testimonial they played in Saudi Arabia a few years ago I think they received 6 million for that.

Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

7 years ago

Get rid of the Glazers and the rest takes care of itself...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

7 years ago

I've posted in the wrong thread, but on several sites this article has been removed. On both football365 and skysports, the headlines are there but the content page shows 'story no longer available'.

Looks like Uniteds legal eagles have been having a busy morning.
LurganRed
First Teamer

7 years ago

ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:I've posted in the wrong thread, but on several sites this article has been removed. On both football365 and skysports, the headlines are there but the content page shows 'story no longer available'.

Is this the article your talking about??

http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... ter-united

JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

7 years ago

LurganRed wrote:
ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:I've posted in the wrong thread, but on several sites this article has been removed. On both football365 and skysports, the headlines are there but the content page shows 'story no longer available'.

Is this the article your talking about??

http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... ter-united
That's the one. It's been removed from several sites.
Sid
Legend

7 years ago

Scholes has had a go at Woodward on his new blog

"I’ve not spoken to Edward Woodward. I came back for Ryan Giggs for the last few games to try to help out but I’m not waiting for a phonecall and don’t expect to be at Old Trafford next season.

Edward Woodward has an awful lot to prove this time that he’s good enough at his job. He has to bring the players in that the new manager wants. It’s obvious that last year he didn’t manage to do that. If he doesn’t, we are not going to get anywhere near the top."

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/man-u ... d-woodward

He also suggests Rooney may have burned out
Lazarus
Legend

7 years ago

Scholes says nothing for years and then spunks his load in one go, he sounds sick of the whole thing.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Sid
Legend

7 years ago

I can't see Van Gaal tolerating Woodward's incompetence, if its another summer of fuck ups