Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
bman2
Legend

2 months ago

If the rumours are to be believed, our best case scenario for the summer is that we sign Sancho, Varane, and Trippier, and Pogba resigns. It would improve our defense and attack, but not the midfield. We’d definitely be better, but I’m not sure if we’d be good enough to compete with City, especially if they sign Grealish and Kane.
dozer
Legend

2 months ago

Varane is doing a Ramos and using us to get a new contract. why would he leave Real for us?
sheesh
Legend

2 months ago

We've been linked with a midfielder called Eduardo Camavinga. Does anyone know anything about him? Apparently he'd prefer PSG.
Sid
Legend

2 months ago

sheesh wrote:
2 months ago
We've been linked with a midfielder called Eduardo Camavinga. Does anyone know anything about him? Apparently he'd prefer PSG.
18 year old french midfielder. Here's the obligatory youtube vid

My first impression, his ball control / feet are world class. He looks really well balanced too, cos he's tall but sleight. He can stop / start, and change direction, with ease. That's how he beats players. He could play wide in a front 3 and be shit hot committing the opposition with his pace and close control, or be a driving force in midfield committing players and breaking the lines.
sheesh
Legend

2 months ago

Cheers, Sid. Looks like he could be a pretty good addition.
bman2
Legend

2 months ago

sheesh wrote:
2 months ago
Cheers, Sid. Looks like he could be a pretty good addition.
There’s been a lot of hype about him for a while, but I don’t think I’ve actually seen him play.
fat maradona
Legend

2 months ago

Camavinga has been a hot prospect for a a couple of seasons now, think it was last summer that people were talking about a big club move for him. In France, he's likened to a young Pogba and so maybe we are anticipating Pogba leaving on a free next season and getting Camavinga in. He's a different type of player to Pogba, more defensive minded.

If we end up with Sancho (meh), Varane and Camavinga as our new signings, it'll be a great transfer window. It'll have address three areas of weakness and then perhaps in the next window, we address RB & LW.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

2 months ago

Deal agreed for Sancho, apparently. £73m
fat maradona
Legend

2 months ago

Not sure how I feel, think there was some genuine excitement for about 5 secs and then the doubt crept back in. We are notorious for overpaying and overhyping and breaking players.
Sid
Legend

2 months ago

73m is a lot better than the ridiculous 110m they wanted last summer. But it's still a fuckload for a young prospect. And from what I gather only 5m is add ons (guardian). A big chunk of the remaing 68m is being paid up front and the rest over a really short period. City are getting a chunk too cos they have a sell on clause. So he'd better not be another Dortmund flop cos it's eaten into the next few windows budget.

Now where's the CB? The entire fanbase wants rid of Lindelhoof. They'll celebrate that more than signing Sancho.