Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
User avatar
bman2
Legend
Posts: 8923
Joined: 8 years ago

2 months ago

ّI hope it’s not another Maguire situation, spending £80-90M on a £30M player.
User avatar
jason_uk
Star Man
Posts: 687
Joined: 7 years ago

2 months ago

bman2 wrote:
2 months ago
ّI hope it’s not another Maguire situation, spending £80-90M on a £30M player.
I've not really seen him play live at all, so can only hope he's not another dortmund flop.

People I talk to who watch bundisliga say he is great, so hopefully thats the case.

If he got friendly with Bellingham in his time at the club, hopefully we can utilise that in a year or 2 to get jude to old trafford as well!
User avatar
swampash
Legend
Posts: 5217
Joined: 7 years ago

2 months ago

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote:
2 months ago
Deal agreed for Sancho, apparently. £73m
:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggedy beasties and things that go bump in the night, Good Lord deliver us...and while you're at it, a bit of a helping hand with hobbits wouldn't go amiss...
User avatar
swampash
Legend
Posts: 5217
Joined: 7 years ago

2 months ago

bman2 wrote:
2 months ago
ّI hope it’s not another Maguire situation, spending £80-90M on a £30M player.
I suspect it will be.
Bellingham would have been a better bet...cheaper and more like what we really need.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggedy beasties and things that go bump in the night, Good Lord deliver us...and while you're at it, a bit of a helping hand with hobbits wouldn't go amiss...
User avatar
dozer
Legend
Posts: 6654
Joined: 8 years ago

2 months ago

He doesn't even start ahead of Saka. How good can he be?
I really really hope I'm wrong.

The silver lining is he's probably not dumb like the other players. He can make the simple pass. But then so can Van De Beek.
User avatar
bman2
Legend
Posts: 8923
Joined: 8 years ago

2 months ago

He looks good in tight spaces, so hopefully he can help open up teams defending well. But he’ll need players to link up with to do that.
User avatar
bman2
Legend
Posts: 8923
Joined: 8 years ago

2 months ago

dozer wrote:
2 months ago
He doesn't even start ahead of Saka. How good can he be?
I really really hope I'm wrong.

The silver lining is he's probably not dumb like the other players. He can make the simple pass. But then so can Van De Beek.
I’m not that bothered by him not playing for England. If you don’t play in the prem, Southgate probably barely knows you exist.
User avatar
dozer
Legend
Posts: 6654
Joined: 8 years ago

2 months ago

bman2 wrote:
2 months ago
dozer wrote:
2 months ago
He doesn't even start ahead of Saka. How good can he be?
I really really hope I'm wrong.

The silver lining is he's probably not dumb like the other players. He can make the simple pass. But then so can Van De Beek.
I’m not that bothered by him not playing for England. If you don’t play in the prem, Southgate probably barely knows you exist.
Is that the same Southgate who's set to be England's best manager in the last few decades with a weaker team than his predecessors?
User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 26811
Joined: 8 years ago

2 months ago

Sky reporting weve held talks with Varane. I thought he was using us to get a new deal out of Madrid, but possibly not.
User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 26811
Joined: 8 years ago

2 months ago

dozer wrote:
2 months ago
He doesn't even start ahead of Saka. How good can he be?
I really really hope I'm wrong.

The silver lining is he's probably not dumb like the other players. He can make the simple pass. But then so can Van De Beek.
Cos Saka is quality. He's been brilliant all season for a shite team, and he's class for England.

Does anybody else worry that Sancho's brilliant stats are partly cos he's playing with the best CF of a generation in Haaland?
Post Reply