Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Noises that Casemiro to United is actually happening...

I still don't buy it, but.... he's clearly a top drawer player. And he should be fine for a year or two. But a 4 year contract to a 30 year old...... It's not exactly building for the future.
swampash
Legend

" United have also targeted the Everton goalkeeper Asmir Begovic, 74..."
Obviously a typical Grauniad typo...but, then again...?
dozer
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago Noises that Casemiro to United is actually happening...

I still don't buy it, but.... he's clearly a top drawer player. And he should be fine for a year or two. But a 4 year contract to a 30 year old...... It's not exactly building for the future.
Like I said. Any of us can become head of recruitment at United. Buy big names or ten hag connections. Easiest job in the world.
FuB
Site Admin

swampash wrote: 1 year ago " United have also targeted the Everton goalkeeper Asmir Begovic, 74..."
To be honest, they've probably thought long and hard as to how they can possibly make the team worse and no nonagenarians were available
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
bman2
Legend

Casemiro. Hmm. Last player we got from Real turned out to be a crock. And that wasn’t even a desperation signing.
FuB
Site Admin

bman2 wrote: 1 year ago Casemiro. Hmm. Last player we got from Real turned out to be a crock. And that wasn’t even a desperation signing.
exactly my first thought. they've already signed a replacement for him after all.
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
fat maradona
Legend

I have no enthusiasm anymore.....Casemiro, wtf, £51m for a 30 year old, wtf, when you've got a 20 year old Caicedo who could have been had for £10m last season or the countless other young hungry potential worldies that can be had for sub £30m....

The scouting is a farce and we are better off letting ETH choose the players than the clowns in the scouting department.
swampash
Legend

FuB wrote: 1 year ago
swampash wrote: 1 year ago " United have also targeted the Everton goalkeeper Asmir Begovic, 74..."
To be honest, they've probably thought long and hard as to how they can possibly make the team worse and no nonagenarians were available
hmmm...nonagenarians...been eating those thesaurus sandwiches again Fuß?
Felwin
Legend

Our transfer strategy is beyond a joke. I'd take Casemiro simply because he's another pair of legs and has experience, but it'd be another mega contract that he'd run down unti he's way past his best.

And if that Anthony thing is to be believed. FFS lads, 4 months to try and get someone ETH clearly loves and now they make a bid. Obviously Ajax are gonna want €200m for him
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

We never learn do we? 60m on a player that has no resale value and who's likely now moving just beyond his peak. Better than what we've got, no doubt at all, but absolutely no planning or strategic thinking at play at all. It's a more expensive version of when we signed Matic.