Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
bman2
Legend

fat maradona wrote: 2 years ago Can't see us signing anyone between now and the end of the transfer window.

Oh what I'd give for a deadline day deal like the Nani/Anderson one, when the news came out of the blue.
Mata and Lingard will be like new signings.
bman2
Legend

It sounds ridiculous to be unsatisfied with a window where we signed Varane, Ronaldo, and Sancho. But I think we would have done better this coming season if we’d focused instead on Varane and a quality midfielder. It feels like we don’t have a chance at winning the league or the CL, so another season where qualifying for the CL is our only ambition.
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

Ole wants a certain DM, clearly. He wasn’t available during this window so they’re waiting. This is not FIFA 2021 or Football Manager.

How some can be disappointed with Varane, Sancho and Ronaldo is mental and quite simply, fucking laughable. We’ve binned off James for nearly £30 million.

YES, we need a DM, everyone knows that. We now have January and next summer to really go big on that position.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

NQAT's official saviour, International Lovemaker to the Stars and prince of cunts
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

sheesh wrote: 2 years ago
Sid wrote: 2 years ago Madrid have no money and are fucked for the foreseeable but they're finding a way to sign one of the best young prospects in the game for a great price in Camavinga
That's what I thought (about money), but then they've been linked with Mbappe.

Madrid bid €220 million for Mbappe and the sports washing cunts turned it down. He now goes for FREE. A joke.

NQAT's official saviour, International Lovemaker to the Stars and prince of cunts
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

Taken from Twitter:

barca paid 120M to atleti for greizmann which they used to buy felix… they then took suarez for free and used them to win the league, greizmann’s huge wages were the reason messi had to leave and now greizmann is back on loan to atleti with OPTION to buy

MFS PLAYING 4D CHESS😭

😂😂😂

Fuck the Glazers
Legend

bman2 wrote: 2 years ago It sounds ridiculous to be unsatisfied with a window where we signed Varane, Ronaldo, and Sancho. But I think we would have done better this coming season if we’d focused instead on Varane and a quality midfielder. It feels like we don’t have a chance at winning the league or the CL, so another season where qualifying for the CL is our only ambition.
I'm inclined to agree. Our priority is the title, the Glazers priority is to placate fans after the ESL and finish in the top 4.
bman2
Legend

brianofnazarethffs wrote: 2 years ago Ole wants a certain DM, clearly. He wasn’t available during this window so they’re waiting. This is not FIFA 2021 or Football Manager.

How some can be disappointed with Varane, Sancho and Ronaldo is mental and quite simply, fucking laughable. We’ve binned off James for nearly £30 million.

YES, we need a DM, everyone knows that. We now have January and next summer to really go big on that position.
OK, so another season of “rebuilding” then. Ronaldo is about to turn 37. Isn’t it a waste of time paying him if we’re not going to make a serious go at winning a title?
dozer
Legend

bman2 wrote: 2 years ago
brianofnazarethffs wrote: 2 years ago Ole wants a certain DM, clearly. He wasn’t available during this window so they’re waiting. This is not FIFA 2021 or Football Manager.

OK, so another season of “rebuilding” then. Ronaldo is about to turn 37. Isn’t it a waste of time paying him if we’re not going to make a serious go at winning a title?
Oh yeah, I think we will attempt this. Last season we were second by a distance.

Btw, people saying we didn't need a forward. We needed one, as much as we needed a defender and midfielder.
How many good players did we have prior? We had Greenwood and Cavani who can't play all the games. That's all.
This time we got Ronaldo.

It was Sancho that was relatively less important to signing a top DM. But he has played on the left wing more than the right in the last couple of seasons.
If he keeps Rashford and Martial out, that's a win.

Ronaldo, Varane and a DM was absolutely necessary. Sancho was a less important signing.
bman2
Legend

dozer wrote: 2 years ago
bman2 wrote: 2 years ago

Oh yeah, I think we will attempt this. Last season we were second by a distance.

Btw, people saying we didn't need a forward. We needed one, as much as we needed a defender and midfielder.
How many good players did we have prior? We had Greenwood and Cavani who can't play all the games. That's all.
This time we got Ronaldo.

It was Sancho that was relatively less important to signing a top DM. But he has played on the left wing more than the right in the last couple of seasons.
If he keeps Rashford and Martial out, that's a win.

Ronaldo, Varane and a DM was absolutely necessary. Sancho was a less important signing.
I think I agree. My attitude is that we’re supposed to be building a competitive team, and for that purpose our forward options were ok. Probably not good enough to win a title, but I figured it was more important to establish a solid foundation and style of play. And midfielders are essential to that. Now it seems like we’ve just invested a massive amount in forwards, Sancho and Ronaldo, without doing anything for midfield. If Real hadn’t been reconciled to selling Varane at a decent price (because he was running out his contract like Pogba is doing), would we have even bought a CB? I’m not convinced we would have. No way would we have bought Koundé for 68M, and I never heard of us being interested in anybody else.

I think the people running the club looked at what Chelsea did — spending big on forwards and only a little on defenders — and thought they should do the same. But they didn’t consider that Tuchel is an excellent manager to got the best out of their defenders playing defensive football. He did that in a few weeks mid-season. The comparison with Ole is fucking embarrassing.

Really the club just spent big on Sancho and Ron because the average supporter thinks they’re amazing. Sells shirts and gets angry supporters off their backs a bit. We’re fucking lucky Varane fell into our laps.

As for Sancho… I really don’t know. Obviously the overhyping of young English players is a factor. But I honestly haven’t seen much of him. I watched Dortmund more a few years ago than I have recently. I’ve never seen him look impressive, but I haven’t seen much of him.
fat maradona
Legend

I can’t say I’m as unhappy with our transfers as in previous summer windows. Varane is without a doubt the highlight, he’s exactly the type of player this club needs. Him and Bruno are the types to take this team to become challengers. Ronnie will provide us goals no doubt and he’ll instil a winning mentality in the dressing room but. But he’s not the type of player we need to be signing. Sancho will come good, we just need to be patient with him.

I’m hoping that the reason why we haven’t recruited better midfielders is because Ole wants to bring in some youth. I keep banging on about Garner, he looks like he could be a really good player. And then we have Hannibal who is almost ready to move out of the U23’s along with Elanga and Shoretire. The youth are a longer term strategy and so it’s unlikely the club are targeting winning the league or the CL, probably just hoping to do enough to keep the sponsors happy.