Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Rice looks decent, but not top drawer. I think there are better options. For the money it'd take to get him, we could probably get Neves and someone like Tielemans
fat maradona
Legend

Sid wrote: 2 years ago
bman2 wrote: 2 years ago The type of player the club has gone for since Ole took over, I’d say they are intent on getting Declan Rice. I’d say they were seriously interested in the young French player too (I’m blanking on his name atm), but he fits the profile too. I think they’ve decided they’d rather spend big money on someone like Rice than go for a 3rd or 4th choice. They’d be thinking of it being the “missing piece” signing like van Dijk for Liverpool. Emerging English star too of course.
What do you make of Rice? What does everyone else? For me he's a lot like Gareth Barry. I don't get the hype. He's not the most mobile, or quick, but his positioning is good, he's unhurried and can play an alright ball. I think the club think it's another Carrick esque signing. But he's not as good.
he's got a great engine on him and can put in a water carrier shift over 90 mins but that's really about it. With some decent coaching he could be better but what are the chances of anyone improving under the Ole regime?

If you're going to throw that much money at West Ham for Rice, you might as well chuck that at Leicester and get Ndidi. That's the type of player we need.
dozer
Legend

bman2 wrote: 2 years ago The type of player the club has gone for since Ole took over, I’d say they are intent on getting Declan Rice. I’d say they were seriously interested in the young French player too (I’m blanking on his name atm), but he fits the profile too. I think they’ve decided they’d rather spend big money on someone like Rice than go for a 3rd or 4th choice. They’d be thinking of it being the “missing piece” signing like van Dijk for Liverpool. Emerging English star too of course.
What do you make of Rice? What does everyone else? For me he's a lot like Gareth Barry. I don't get the hype. He's not the most mobile, or quick, but his positioning is good, he's unhurried and can play an alright ball. I think the club think it's another Carrick esque signing. But he's not as good.
Same here. Tbf I didn't think Carrick was all that great either when we signed him but he was top class.
bman2
Legend

fat maradona wrote: 2 years ago
he's got a great engine on him and can put in a water carrier shift over 90 mins but that's really about it. With some decent coaching he could be better but what are the chances of anyone improving under the Ole regime?

If you're going to throw that much money at West Ham for Rice, you might as well chuck that at Leicester and get Ndidi. That's the type of player we need.
Ndidi does the defensive work of two players. He’d be a good signing to let Pogba play in midfield with more freedom.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Woke up today to links with Kalvin Philips. It's more briefing to stem the tide of discontent and anger towards the current shitness. They've literally just picked the most high profile English midfielder that had a good world cup, and are pretending we're going to sign him.

But even if we did, he wouldn't remain the player was was at Leeds cos we don't have a manager that plays similar high pressing attacking football to Bielsa in charge. He'd become average.
fat maradona
Legend

He'd become average even if we did play that style of football, have you seen our coaching? We sign up top class talent and turn them into shite and then give them long term contracts.
FuB
Site Admin

Aside from all that, why on earth would a boyhood Leeds fan, born and bred in the city want to come to United?
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
Jason
Star Man

Someone is taking the piss with this report.
40 million quid for a 31 yo fullback.

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/man-utd-s ... jaer-loves
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

You can see it though. If the next deal we do, is for anything other than a CDM, heads need to fucking role. The fact that we keep persisting with McFred is bad enough. But the fact that's STILL probably our best option, is fucking laughable.
fat maradona
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 2 years ago You can see it though. If the next deal we do, is for anything other than a CDM, heads need to fucking role. The fact that we keep persisting with McFred is bad enough. But the fact that's STILL probably our best option, is fucking laughable.
Oh but we have other options. The fact that Ole believes that they’re our best option is what’s laughable. He’s a clueless cunt and it’s starting to show every game.