Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
Jason
Star Man

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago
JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago Apparently we've now pulled out of any deal for Arnautovic after our 8m bid was rejected. Now, if that was a deal we wanted we'd just go back and offer 10-15m and get it done.

I honestly think the club has stepped back after the unanimous piss taking and 'what the fuck is that club doing' narrative we've seen in the media and fan base since. Shambles.
Aye. Fuck me, the state of this club.

If this is true, WTF!

Do I think Arnautovic is a good idea, fuck no. But should my opinion influence those at the highest decision making levels of United. No!

He was identified by someone, its ludicrous that the club is bending to the will of keyboard warriors on twitter.
dozer
Legend

jason_uk wrote: 1 year ago
JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago Apparently we've now pulled out of any deal for Arnautovic after our 8m bid was rejected. Now, if that was a deal we wanted we'd just go back and offer 10-15m and get it done.

I honestly think the club has stepped back after the unanimous piss taking and 'what the fuck is that club doing' narrative we've seen in the media and fan base since. Shambles.

If this is true, WTF!

Do I think Arnautovic is a good idea, fuck no. But should my opinion influence those at the highest decision making levels of United. No!

He was identified by someone, its ludicrous that the club is bending to the will of keyboard warriors on twitter.
That's naive. Fans can hound players out of the club. Or worse, they still stay but it affects them mentally and makes them more shit. It makes sense to buy a player, fans aren't very much against.

We're getting pogba squared in rabiot though so who knows.
Jason
Star Man

dozer wrote: 1 year ago
jason_uk wrote: 1 year ago

If this is true, WTF!

That's naive. Fans can hound players out of the club. Or worse, they still stay but it affects them mentally and makes them more shit. It makes sense to buy a player, fans aren't very much against.

We're getting pogba squared in rabiot though so who knows.
You think its naive to believe a Football club shouldnt have its hand forced by online "Fans" in its business.

The whole problem with the club is this constant aim for likes and clicks FFS, and buying the latest flashy thing for likes and social media.

Fuck those fans, if the manager wants an unfashionable player who he believes can do a certain job, get him in.
bman2
Legend

Yeah but in Arnautovic’s case there’s a lot of talk online that he’s done or said prejudiced things. I’d think that’s what the club is concerned about.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

bman2 wrote: 1 year ago Yeah but in Arnautovic’s case there’s a lot of talk online that he’s done or said prejudiced things. I’d think that’s what the club is concerned about.
It's quite staggering that they didn't know this about Arnautovic when it's well publicised in the media.

Our famous scouts can't use Google either by the looks of it.
OliverB
Reserves

For me if we had got Marko Arnautovic in, it would have been a bit of a coup =))

Seriously, what's going on, first give an out of shape Benni McCarthy a coaching job, then we tried to sign a loony tune striker with a bad attitude in Marko Arnautovic.

Benni McCarthy - I would rather our coaches were in good physical condition as I would expect our younger players to look at them as role models.

Marko Arnautovic - Short term fix, I have had enough of short term fixes and would rather we gave chances to some of our youngsters.

I hope Erik ten Hag gets a chance and shines but I was hoping that if he signs people he's worked with before it would be people he worked with in the past 2/3 years... not 20 years ago, for me it makes us look a bit desperate.
;)
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

It'd be a shame but I wouldn't be arsed. I'd be more arsed in a political sense cos he's forced the Tories to u turn on a couple of key things like free school meals. He's a better opposition than the shithead labour party.

JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

If we can get a good fee, I'd be happy to move him on. Been shite for a while now, and he's over rated. Probably needs a change. The rub, as always, is that we'll replace him with even worse. If we replace him at all.
dozer
Legend

Sid wrote: 1 year ago It'd be a shame but I wouldn't be arsed. I'd be more arsed in a political sense cos he's forced the Tories to u turn on a couple of key things like free school meals. He's a better opposition than the shithead labour party.

Yes! I'll be shocked if this is true but I hope this is true.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

There's some alarming stats doing the rounds (if I can find em again I'll post em) that show Ten Hag has been given the least amount of money to spend of all United managers post-Fergie. We've also spent less than the top 6 and other clubs like Nottingham Forest.

After pissing away 1bn, making huge covid losses, reduced sponsorship deals, Teamviewer preparing to leave, the clubs inability to sell players - the Glazers might be turning off the money tap again. A possible return to the "no value" era could be on the cards.