Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
bman2
Legend

There’s talk that United is actually looking for a DM in January. I’d say the transfer market will be fucked by Corona though. But I’m sure there’s a decent player to had from the French or German leagues without spending too much.
sheesh
Legend

bman2 wrote: 2 years ago There’s talk that United is actually looking for a DM in January. I’d say the transfer market will be fucked by Corona though. But I’m sure there’s a decent player to had from the French or German leagues without spending too much.
Yeah, they've been linked with players like Haidara and Kamara.

We could do with getting rid of a few players as well.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

I'm genuinely optimistic that Ralf will unearth a couple of reasonably priced, not too obvious signings that come good, rather than going after the obvious 80m British types
Jason
Star Man

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 2 years ago I'm genuinely optimistic that Ralf will unearth a couple of reasonably priced, not too obvious signings that come good, rather than going after the obvious 80m British types
Who are actually only really worth about a 3rd of what we pay for them as well!
bman2
Legend

jason_uk wrote: 2 years ago
JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 2 years ago I'm genuinely optimistic that Ralf will unearth a couple of reasonably priced, not too obvious signings that come good, rather than going after the obvious 80m British types
Who are actually only really worth about a 3rd of what we pay for them as well!
English players especially are a curse. Massively overpriced and overhyped, and it's hard then for the players not to let all the accompanying hype and bullshit and hangers on not distract them from their game. It's only human nature.I don't know how you shut that shit out.
swampash
Legend

Ralph's renowned for his scouting. I'd expect him to come up with a good young German who's on the fringes of the national squad. Be worth running an eye across the German U21 team...if I get time today I'll take a look at the squad.
swampash
Legend

...players like Yannik Keitel at Freiburg might be worth a lot at.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Interesting names I've seen us mentioned with:

Frank Kessie, 25 year old box to box midfielder at Milan, good goalscoring record. Out of contract in the summer I believe.

Boubabcar Kamara - highly rated DM at Marseille. Out of contract in the summer, but talk of us getting him in Jan for 10m. 22 years old.

Amadou Haidara - Midfielder at Leipzig. 23. Box to box/destroyer type.

Julian Alvarez - 22 year-old forward at River Plate. 17m release clause active in Jan, lots of other big clubs keeping tabs.

All seem sensible targets. I've seen us linked with Jules Kounde and Rudiger (on a free next summer) too.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

None of the names mentioned sell 4m worth of shirts in one summer though, so it'll be interesting to see how Rangnick's transfer strategy plays out at a club that prioritises the commercials
Jason
Star Man

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 2 years ago Interesting names I've seen us mentioned with:

Frank Kessie, 25 year old box to box midfielder at Milan, good goalscoring record. Out of contract in the summer I believe.

Boubabcar Kamara - highly rated DM at Marseille. Out of contract in the summer, but talk of us getting him in Jan for 10m. 22 years old.

Amadou Haidara - Midfielder at Leipzig. 23. Box to box/destroyer type.

Julian Alvarez - 22 year-old forward at River Plate. 17m release clause active in Jan, lots of other big clubs keeping tabs.

All seem sensible targets. I've seen us linked with Jules Kounde and Rudiger (on a free next summer) too.
Rudigar is class, him and varane would be sweet!

Always thought it was strange when lampard dropped him and almost forced him out of the club before he got sacked.