Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
fat maradona
Legend

I don't understand our interest in Neves, he's another ball playing midfielder so either Ole is expecting Pogba to go and/or Donny to go.
dozer
Legend

fat maradona wrote: 2 years ago I don't understand our interest in Neves, he's another ball playing midfielder so either Ole is expecting Pogba to go and/or Donny to go.
Tbf neither have played that well. Donny doesn't even get to play and Pogba has been a decent player over 5 years.
And of course he's expecting Pogba to go. He's only got an year left. Either way, we must sign a player.
bman2
Legend

dozer wrote: 2 years ago
fat maradona wrote: 2 years ago I don't understand our interest in Neves, he's another ball playing midfielder so either Ole is expecting Pogba to go and/or Donny to go.
Tbf neither have played that well. Donny doesn't even get to play and Pogba has been a decent player over 5 years.
And of course he's expecting Pogba to go. He's only got an year left. Either way, we must sign a player.
Neves seems like a good option for where Fred and McTominay play. Decent DM and a good playmaker. I don’t know if he’s the best possible option out there for that, but he’s a decent option and an improvement on what we’ve got.

I’d love to see us have two good passers in midfield, it’s ridiculous that a club our size doesn’t have that.
bman2
Legend

We’re Manchester United’s. Shouldn’t all our midfielders be “ball playing midfielders”??? I know what you’re saying though, shocking that Fred and McT can’t string passes together.
bman2
Legend

Although to be fair to McFred, neither is a holding midfielder by trade, they’re both just doing a job there and they tend to look better players when they’re able to play a bit further up the pitch.
sheesh
Legend

In other news, we've been linked with a move for Goretzka.
fat maradona
Legend

I'd say good riddance but it'll cost far more to replace him than keep him and he is a decent player when the stars align for him.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

I hope Pogba stays, there isn't another midfielder like him, and we'll be a lot more functional in midfield without him.
FuB
Site Admin

fat maradona wrote: 2 years ago I'd say good riddance but it'll cost far more to replace him than keep him and he is a decent player when the stars align for him.
Problem is that it's been costing us a fortune trying to buy the stars to align for him
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
fat maradona
Legend

FuB wrote: 2 years ago
fat maradona wrote: 2 years ago I'd say good riddance but it'll cost far more to replace him than keep him and he is a decent player when the stars align for him.
Problem is that it's been costing us a fortune trying to buy the stars to align for him
Yup, hence why it's best to be rid of him. He's a supremely talented footballer but he needs a specific system to get the best out of him and unfortunately modern football requires more flexibility.