Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
dozer
Legend

Juve have accepted a 15m bid. That's nothing in today's market. I'm sure even Fred and Mct will sell for more. Didn't we sell pereira for 12m? We paid 40 for VDB.

Does he replace de Jong as a target or is ten hag going gung ho and buying 3-4 midfielders?

On a slightly positive note ten hag said eriksen started up front only because of Ronaldo being benched. Hopefully this means one of the fred and Mct will already be replaced.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Really smacks of a panic buy after yesterday's result. He can't have been high on Hag's list of wanted midfielders.
Last edited by Fuck the Glazers 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
fat maradona
Legend

Sesko has agreed to stay on another season at Salzburg and then join Leipzig in 2023. And I bet Leipzig won't even pay that much for him.
swampash
Legend

On yesterday's performance Martinez is clearly a midfielder shoehorned into a CB role. Makes no sense to me. We'd be better playing him in midfield and if anyone needs shoehorning into the CB role is should be McTominay.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Aye. At this point, I'd be happy going with Martinez and Eriksen as the midfield two, backed up by De Beek, Garner and Iqbal.

As for Rabiot, I think its a case of us still forlornly chasing De Jong and wanting to make sure we don't end up with nothing so we've thought 'who can we get for no more than 20m to improve what we've got but not obstruct us from getting De Jong. But Tielemans would have been a much, much better route to go down.
bman2
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago Aye. At this point, I'd be happy going with Martinez and Eriksen as the midfield two, backed up by De Beek, Garner and Iqbal.

As for Rabiot, I think its a case of us still forlornly chasing De Jong and wanting to make sure we don't end up with nothing so we've thought 'who can we get for no more than 20m to improve what we've got but not obstruct us from getting De Jong. But Tielemans would have been a much, much better route to go down.
Spurs got Bissouma for 25M and he's one of the best CMs in the prem at the moment.
dozer
Legend

bman2 wrote: 1 year ago
JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago Aye. At this point, I'd be happy going with Martinez and Eriksen as the midfield two, backed up by De Beek, Garner and Iqbal.

Spurs got Bissouma for 25M and he's one of the best CMs in the prem at the moment.
But he's not played before for Ten Hag so he's out.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Rabiot is apparently the backup to De Jong. That seems a serious downgrade. I've seen little of him but reviews of him seem a very mixed bag. An arrogant cunt too apparently.

Arnautovic has a history of racism and also being a nasty cunt. Some fine due diligence and thinking invested here.

Now we're linked with Milinkovic-Savic again, we're in for another winger from Holland.

Completely scattergun and desperate. Anyone surprised? I'm beyond dismayed now.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Apparently we've now pulled out of any deal for Arnautovic after our 8m bid was rejected. Now, if that was a deal we wanted we'd just go back and offer 10-15m and get it done.

I honestly think the club has stepped back after the unanimous piss taking and 'what the fuck is that club doing' narrative we've seen in the media and fan base since. Shambles.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago Apparently we've now pulled out of any deal for Arnautovic after our 8m bid was rejected. Now, if that was a deal we wanted we'd just go back and offer 10-15m and get it done.

I honestly think the club has stepped back after the unanimous piss taking and 'what the fuck is that club doing' narrative we've seen in the media and fan base since. Shambles.
Aye. Fuck me, the state of this club.