Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Young Dutch left back apparently. Never heard of him, for Hag should know who the gems are in the Dutch league. Not many make the move from the Dutch league to the prem and land well though.

We need to be creative this summer. I’m watching Eriksen closely tonight - he came to Brentford to prove he still has it technically and physically. He seems to be doing so. With Mata and Pogba leaving, I think there’s a deal there for us to take him on a free this summer.
Jason
Star Man

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago Young Dutch left back apparently. Never heard of him, for Hag should know who the gems are in the Dutch league. Not many make the move from the Dutch league to the prem and land well though.

We need to be creative this summer. I’m watching Eriksen closely tonight - he came to Brentford to prove he still has it technically and physically. He seems to be doing so. With Mata and Pogba leaving, I think there’s a deal there for us to take him on a free this summer.
Eriksen has been class since his return, and he'd be a good signing, but he's not really a 6 or an 8, but losing pogna, mata lingard, he would be a quality option to add to the team.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

With Eriksen, you could play him at 10, or in one of the wide forward areas. With Pogba and Mata going and Greenwood unlikely to feature again, on a free Eriksen would be a very astute deal.
bman2
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago Young Dutch left back apparently. Never heard of him, for Hag should know who the gems are in the Dutch league. Not many make the move from the Dutch league to the prem and land well though.
A lot of players move from the Dutch league to the Prem well.
Jason
Star Man

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61313793

If any truth in this, would fully sum up how we've been run.

Buy an inexperienced full back for 50 mill, get him 3 years extra playing xp, and loan him back to palace

:))

Prob end up paying half his wage bill for them as well.
swampash
Legend

jason_uk wrote: 1 year ago https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61313793

If any truth in this, would fully sum up how we've been run.

Buy an inexperienced full back for 50 mill, get him 3 years extra playing xp, and loan him back to palace

:))

Prob end up paying half his wage bill for them as well.
Farcical...but good riddance.
dozer
Legend

We've never had a top quality right back since Neville. That's terrible recruitment from the club and the managers.
bman2
Legend

dozer wrote: 1 year ago We've never had a top quality right back since Neville. That's terrible recruitment from the club and the managers.
Young and Valencia were better than the players we've signed since.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

We're apparently screening a number of free agents. Probably out of necessity, but i think its smart. I think there's real value out there that could make a genuine difference to us, leaving us to target 2-3 players with the funds we do have.

We should be all over Eriksen. Cover and competition for Bruno, can play on the flank of a front 3. Former Ajax player, so whilst he's not played under Ten Hag, their style doesn't change a huge amount over the years. Competition for him will be light - City and Liverpool won't be in, Chelsea don't need him, can't see him going to Arsenal having been at Spurs. A return to Spurs is a maybe, but I don't think he'd work in a Conte setup. Newcastle may fancy him, but will they go for free's when they've got a fuck ton of cash? It ticks every box.

Isco. OK he's 30 now, but will he give more than we've been getting from Lingard, Rashford or Greenwood? I'd think so.

Sergi Roberto. Can play in 3 or 4 positions.

Dybala plenty of ability but isn't he supposed to be a bit of a cunt? we don't want any more of those. Unless I'm mistaken, and maybe he'd fancy hooking up with Ronaldo again. Bellotti - 100 goals in 230 Serie A games. That's seriously impressive. And he's a unit, he could be made for the PL.

Kamara - he's supposed to be good. 22, DM, plenty of potential.

There's tons more out there. https://www.footballtransfers.com/en/tr ... n-a-bosman

Most of them won't transform the team, but when you look at the minimal impact of those we're losing for free, the cash we're freeing up etc, 2 or 3 smart free signings which should be easy and quick to do, coupled with 2-3 quality signings could make a big, big difference.
Last edited by JoelfuckingGlazer 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
dozer
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago We're apparently screening a number of free agents. Probably out of necessity, but i think its smart. I think there's real value out there that make a genuine difference to us, leaving us to target 2-3 players with the funds we do have.

We should be all over Eriksen. Cover and competition for Bruno, can play on the flank of a front 3. Former Ajax player, so whilst he's not played under Tag, their style doesn't change a huge amount over the years. Competition for him will be light - City and Liverpool won't be in, Chelsea don't need him, can't see him going to Arsenal having been at Spurs. A return to Spurs is a maybe, but I don't think he'd work in a Conte setup. Newcastle may fancy him, but will they go for free's when they've got a fuck ton of cash? It ticks every box.

Isco. OK he's 30 now, but will he give more than we've been getting from Lingard, Rashford or Greenwood? I'd think so.

Sergi Roberto. Can play in 3 or 4 positions.

Dybala plenty of ability but isn't he supposed to be a bit of a cunt? we don't want any more of those. Unless I'm mistaken, and maybe he'd fancy hooking up with Ronaldo again. Bellotti - 100 goals in 230 Serie A games. That's seriously impressive. And he's a unit, he could be made for the PL.

Kamara - he's supposed to be good. 22, DM, plenty of potential.

There's tons more out there. https://www.footballtransfers.com/en/tr ... n-a-bosman

Most of them won't transform the team, but when you look at the minimal impact of those we're losing for free, the cash we're freeing up etc, 2 or 3 smart free signings which should be easy and quick to do, coupled with 2-3 quality signings could make a big, big difference.
As long as the wages aren't too high I'm good with this.