Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
swampash
Legend

They really think they can land Joao Felix?
Laughable!!!
Deluded!!!!
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Its mental. Same with Rabiot - the world and his dog knew his mother would be a beast in the negotiations. We've entered into it naively, and without (it would seem) understanding the implications of the very different tax positions between Italy and UK.

De Jong, Casemiro, Joao Felix, Nunez. We're still targeting players who are 'League Winning difference makes'. We're going for the cherries when we don't even have a proper fucking cake tin, let alone a cake that's iced. Accept that our next 2 years is about building a proper top 4 side again, build some credibility and stability and THEN go for the best. Neves, Tielemans etc. The sort of players that would still see us as a step up, who have some PL experience, good age, reasonable price, do-able deals.

Its not fucking rocket science, but the sheer ineptitude and lack of self awareness is grossly negligent.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

They knew we were going to lose 6/7 players including top players. They've had two windows to talk to potential replacements but they haven't.

What seems to be happening is a thinning out of the squad to reduce the wage bill. Hag has also been given less to spend than any United manager since Fergie. The targets we're looking at are all affordable too other than De Jong who they're not prepared to pay for. Out of the three signings only Martinez has been bought with proper money. 15m for Malacia and Eriksen on a free. Shite.

I think we're looking at a new period of austerity like when the Glazers first took over and all we got was "there's no value in the market". Cost cutting as well as incompetence.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Clinging to a straw; reducing your outgoings and minimising any new investment is something owners of businesses do prior to a sale.
swampash
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago Clinging to a straw; reducing your outgoings and minimising any new investment is something owners of businesses do prior to a sale.
Good observation. Fingers crossed 🤞
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Sommer, Aubameyang, Meunier and Pulisic are the latest names on our 'just throw a fucking dart and see what you hit' transfer policy.
bman2
Legend

swampash wrote: 1 year ago
JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago Clinging to a straw; reducing your outgoings and minimising any new investment is something owners of businesses do prior to a sale.
Good observation. Fingers crossed 🤞
Yeah but it’s hard to sell the club if we’re losing every game.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

If they sell then great but I'm gonna fucking vomit up my insides at the thought of those wretched awful cunts walking away with 5/6bn after buying the club for nowt and not putting a single penny in themselves. An utter fucking scandal. Only in these fucked up times can the rich be so brazen
bman2
Legend

Sid wrote: 1 year ago If they sell then great but I'm gonna fucking vomit up my insides at the thought of those wretched awful cunts walking away with 5/6bn after buying the club for nowt and not putting a single penny in themselves. An utter fucking scandal. Only in these fucked up times can the rich be so brazen
Government should really step in, it’s a disgrace.

Of course Unites is just a high profile example of the business mentality that’s hollowed out the UK over the past two decades.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

bman2 wrote: 1 year ago
Sid wrote: 1 year ago If they sell then great but I'm gonna fucking vomit up my insides at the thought of those wretched awful cunts walking away with 5/6bn after buying the club for nowt and not putting a single penny in themselves. An utter fucking scandal. Only in these fucked up times can the rich be so brazen
Government should really step in, it’s a disgrace.

Of course Unites is just a high profile example of the business mentality that’s hollowed out the UK over the past two decades.
100%. What's happening to United is happening to the NHS, care industry, railways, buses - the lot. It's greed; running down services to maximise profit.

It's interesting how even a free market loving Tory party have put in anti Glazer clauses in the Boehly / Clearlake takeover of Chelsea. I think that's the best we'll get. No retrospective action to take the club off the Glazers, just some mild reforms to stop it happening again.