Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
rfreese888
Youth Teamer

6 years ago

RobDiablo wrote:
senna wrote:
redzebs wrote:''He has already launched his website and is launching a TC23 merchandise range soon. "The website looks fantastic, and I hope my fans enjoy the opportunity to interact with me directly and to keep up to date with my latest news – both on and off the pitch,” stated Cleverley.

“I enjoyed working with Creative Spark on the project and I am very pleased with the TC23 brand image.”

A) He had been inured for ages

B) The fans wanted to interact to tell you to wind your neck in

C) He wasn't setting the world on fire even when he looked ok, ffs, back then Anderson was having good games, I think the fact that we had Carrick and an ageing Scholes meant that he has always looked better than he was.
Spot on, he never was that amazing even in those 5-6 games before injury.
No, he wasn't, and that's why I couldn't understand his getting capped for England. It was the ruining of him.
This article on his stats pretty much sums it up. http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... ly-3297459

He just seems like a scaredy cat to me.
redzebs
Legend

6 years ago

rfreese888 wrote:
RobDiablo wrote:
senna wrote:
redzebs wrote:''He has already launched his website and is launching a TC23 merchandise range soon. "The website looks fantastic, and I hope my fans enjoy the opportunity to interact with me directly and to keep up to date with my latest news – both on and off the pitch,” stated Cleverley.

“I enjoyed working with Creative Spark on the project and I am very pleased with the TC23 brand image.”

A) He had been inured for ages

B) The fans wanted to interact to tell you to wind your neck in

C) He wasn't setting the world on fire even when he looked ok, ffs, back then Anderson was having good games, I think the fact that we had Carrick and an ageing Scholes meant that he has always looked better than he was.
Spot on, he never was that amazing even in those 5-6 games before injury.
No, he wasn't, and that's why I couldn't understand his getting capped for England. It was the ruining of him.
This article on his stats pretty much sums it up. http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... ly-3297459

He just seems like a scaredy cat to me.

Thats a bit unfair to cats but he definitley is a fuckin pussy tbf
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
marlon
Legend

6 years ago

http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... CMP=twt_gu

"If United were to sell Welbeck, Young, Hernández, Anderson, Kagawa and Cleverley before the end of the transfer window, they would save a total of £463,000 a-week. With the potential departures of Nani and Fellaini in the future, this figure could reach a staggering £646,000-a-week that the club would save."

"Welbeck was told by Van Gaal that he could stay at United but would have to accept not being a first-choice striker as Wayne Rooney and Robin van Persie enjoy this status. With the 23-year-old having been frustrated at a lack of opportunity at centre-forward since last season under David Moyes, Welbeck has been effectively given little choice but to leave."
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

6 years ago

will look great in two years when we're spending 50m on a persie replacement while welbecks doing a struuridge tbf
lkhm

hoofing
dozer
Legend

6 years ago

redzebs wrote:I don't really get Kagawa and Welbeck going, if he's determined to play this system and not change to a 4 3 3. If Mata gets injured then we've got Janauzi or Rooney as the 10 with then Wilson? upfront because surely to fuck we'll get rid of Hernandez, please.
The logic is simple. Whatever the formation, get rid of the dross.
dozer
Legend

6 years ago

lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote:will look great in two years when we're spending 50m on a persie replacement while welbecks doing a struuridge tbf
Good for him then. He's been terrible for us, unless we have an astrologer as a manager, let him go.
Sturridge never got too many games anyway until he went to liverpool. Welbeck's had plenty
Last edited by dozer on Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bman2
Legend

6 years ago

lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote:will look great in two years when we're spending 50m on a persie replacement while welbecks doing a struuridge tbf
Might be the case. I hope we don't sell Welbeck this window, because he could end up getting a lot of playing time if Persie misses a lot of games, which looks likely to me.
bman2
Legend

6 years ago

dozer wrote:
Good for him then. He's been terrible, unless we have an astrologer as a manager, let him go.
That's crazy, Welbeck is far from terrible. Doesn't score enough is the only real criticism you could make of him, but he doesn't embarrass himself either.
dozer
Legend

6 years ago

bman2 wrote:
dozer wrote:
Good for him then. He's been terrible, unless we have an astrologer as a manager, let him go.
That's crazy, Welbeck is far from terrible. Doesn't score enough is the only real criticism you could make of him, but he doesn't embarrass himself either.
He doesn't embarrass himself when you see through your rose tinted specs?
He's a terrible striker, he's got a future in defending mind.
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

6 years ago

bman2 wrote:
dozer wrote:
obvious to any non afficionados of moyesball hoof up to the big cunt that we're a better side and play our best stuff with welbeck in it tbf
lkhm

hoofing