Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
redzebs
Legend

I would give Matic another year just because we have little to no proper older experienced players, Maguire is still 26 and only here months, him and Lingard are the two elder lol,

Haha Matic has just scored haha!!!!
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Pikey McScum
First Teamer

redzebs wrote: 4 years ago I would give Matic another year just because we have little to no proper older experienced players, Maguire is still 26 and only here months, him and Lingard are the two elder lol,

Haha Matic has just scored haha!!!!
Say what you want about him, and I'm certainly not his biggest fan, but credit where it's due - up until the sending off last night, he's been great since he got back into the first team.
"that is probably the worst post ive ever read" - Knobby, 28th April 2015
Pikey McScum
First Teamer

Ole chatting last night about the urgent need for a striker - possibility of another signing by Friday??

I can't see it, unless we get some has-been on loan...
Jason
Star Man

Pikey McScum wrote: 4 years ago Ole chatting last night about the urgent need for a striker - possibility of another signing by Friday??

I can't see it, unless we get some has-been on loan...
Not being funny like, but we have 1 injury to a striker! And greenwood has performed about as well as he could have done, better than anyone would have expected - so at least making himself an option.

How is it that one injury, leads to a crisis in that position. If greenwood hadn't of played as well as he has and wasnt an option, we would have 1 striker in Martial.

Its just criminal that we didnt sign a replacement for Lukaku in the summer, and that is evident now.
dozer
Legend

The isssue is our strikers don't have any competition. It's Martial, Rashford and James with Greenwood being the only additional player. That's not enough.
Martial isn't good enough to be a starter. He'll always be that player who has talent. He would never start for the big sides. He won't even be in the Liverpool or City squad!
We need a couple of more strikers ideally.
fat maradona
Legend

Rojo has also fucked off back to Argentina (only on loan, mind, but at least he's off the wage bill) so that's another positive this window.
fat maradona
Legend

dozer wrote: 4 years ago The isssue is our strikers don't have any competition. It's Martial, Rashford and James with Greenwood being the only additional player. That's not enough.
Martial isn't good enough to be a starter. He'll always be that player who has talent. He would never start for the big sides. He won't even be in the Liverpool or City squad!
We need a couple of more strikers ideally.
We've definitely seen the best of Martial, not sure when though, might have been his debut season. I can now understand why Mourinho was so anti-Martial (and Shaw for that matter). He's about as useful as Lingard when he plays like he has past 3 games. What we desparately need is someone to come in and put Martial on the bench and make him work for the first team spot.
Pikey McScum
First Teamer

fat maradona wrote: 4 years ago Rojo has also fucked off back to Argentina (only on loan, mind, but at least he's off the wage bill) so that's another positive this window.
Saw he was in the stands for the match last night and my heart sank a little, but supposedly his flight's leaving any minute now.

I assumed, in line with our history of astonishingly bad decision-making, that we'd be paying his wages still? I'm hearing it's a loan until the end of the season only, and he'll be coming back...............!
dozer
Legend

fat maradona wrote: 4 years ago Rojo has also fucked off back to Argentina (only on loan, mind, but at least he's off the wage bill) so that's another positive this window.
It's unlikely that argie club is paying his full wages but it's something. Yes.
swampash
Legend

So Fernandes, with no experience of the PL, comes in at €55 million and we let Erikson go to Milan for €20 million...am I missing something?