Do you want to give LVG this summer or have we seen enough..

Manchester United chat
redzebs
Legend

5 years ago

What was wrong with Potticheno
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
FuB
Legend

5 years ago

I don't think Allegri's done anything amazing either. He inherited the Juve team he took to the champions league final, did fuck all with Milan and isn't doing so good since they sold the spine of his current team.
Rant's official artificial intelligence
bman2
Legend

5 years ago

I really like what I've seen from Pochettino, but you'd be taking a bit of a punt wouldn't you? He would have been the right type of guy to go for after Ferguson, but now we're on the skids, we need more of a sure thing.
Mumford
First Teamer

5 years ago

bman2 wrote:First choice has to be Guardiola. And if he'll come, we might as well stick with LVG until the end of the season. Even if we failed to qualify for the CL this season, the combination of Guardiola + money means we'll be able to recruit the best in the summer. The alternative is that City sign Guardiola and we watch them disappear over the horizon for the next half decade. Unacceptable. Woodward and the owners should be making every effort to lock Guardiola down now, if they have any clue at all.

Alternatives to Guardiola would be Ancellotti, Allegri or a longer shot would be Tuchel, the new manager at Dortmund who has them playing brilliant football again. Beyond those four, I can't see any good options in terms of managers who are proven in a top league and the CL.

We also should strongly think about creating some sort of lasting football braintrust, whether an official director of football or just a person/people who perform a similar function. I would have a lot of time promoting Van Gaal upward into that role. It's his coaching of the first team that is suspect right now, he seems to be doing well in the other aspects of the job. I like our recent signings, I just think a different manager might get better out of them.
According to Fergie he had the chance before Moyes, Fergie met him in New York, even gave him his number, Guardiola never rang.

If we are going to appoint another non-Brit. I'd like to see Le Blanc in the role.
Take all the courage you have left
And waste it on fixing all the problems that you made in your own head
redzebs
Legend

5 years ago

Cantona or Sparky
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Red legend
Star Man

5 years ago

redzebs wrote:Cantona or Sparky

Cantina on the touchline . Polar opposite to King Louis .
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

5 years ago

All the different arguments here... every argument you can think of has been tried to defend Van Galls bullshit... "he's getting the results", "it's no more boring that what you'd get under Mourinho, or Guardiola", "If he had better players, he'd be doing better"...

16 games in... we've scored 21 goals...

We scored 64 in Mopes season...

Van Gall has spent over £250millm, and we're on course to score less than 50 goals...

It's just stubborn to try so hard to defend Van Gall... it's got nowt to do with who'd be better... the fans are NOT being petty, or spoilt... Van Galls football really is THAT bad... it just is... and the fans have every right to complain...

Results are great, and everyone wants us to do well, but there is just no excuse for United to be this negative, consistently, to score points... week after week of the same dreary rubbish, against teams we should be beating comfortably...

I don't care what other teams are doing... I don't care if Mourinho is in the bottom 3, or who City lost to... you Van Gall apologists can argue as stubbornly as you like, blaming a media bias, or a class of 92 conspiracy, or fans for unrealistic expectations... United should not be this bad to watch... that's all there is to it...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Mumford
First Teamer

5 years ago

Don't think Eric has got his UEFA badges has he ?
Take all the courage you have left
And waste it on fixing all the problems that you made in your own head
FuB
Legend

5 years ago

Mumford wrote:

He was also strongly against the Glazers
Rant's official artificial intelligence
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

5 years ago

FuB wrote:
Mumford wrote:

He was also strongly against the Glazers

Yeah he actually stuck by his morals and spoke out against them.... Didn't he Fergie... It's called a spine!
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Rant's official saviour, International Lovemaker to the Stars and prince of cunts