gary nev new valencia boss

Manchester United chat
FuB
Legend

5 years ago

sure... I get your argument Sid but it equally doesn't give an argument to support taking a season and a half to achieve something that no one recognises as good football
Rant's official artificial intelligence
Sid
Legend

5 years ago

Yeah of course. United started playing Gaal's football immediately on tour, and then after Swansea when the league got started. It was pretty quick.

I genuinely want to see whether Nev can pull off that attacking football at a club that can do it because they have some quality

6 games is the benchnark. We should be able to see the signs.
FuB
Legend

5 years ago

BBC report said he spent the first half looking proper pissed off due to shocking passing so he's going to have to work hard to get that quality back as well
FuB
Legend

5 years ago

What the fuck are you on about, Harry? I never said there was anything wrong with the football. I just said that no one recognised it as good football and that's clearly everyone's fault for not being able to see deeply into this philosophy. One day we're all going to feel like proper chumps when they look back on the United glory days of keeping the ball a lot and doing fuck all with it. They'll say "Hey guys, that really was the beautiful game"
redzebs
Legend

5 years ago

Haha, avatar, well done fub, maybe I had you pegged wrong, who were you here as before mate?
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
FuB
Legend

5 years ago

was a long long time ago but i'm pretty sure I used the same name. had a whole lot of life in between, including moving from one country to another but I've always tried to keep an eye on this forum despite it disappearing and reappearing at least twice in the interim
FuB
Legend

5 years ago

I can see it now... old men, smoking pipes (outside of course) and reminiscing over the good old days when we made a hundred intricate passes anywhere other than forward until we could eventually find an opportunity to bounce it off Rooney into the path of the onrushing opposition
Sid
Legend

5 years ago

Valencia didn't have a shot on target

Nev was also warned by the ref for being a gobshite on the touchline. Is he shouting in Spanish? If not what's the point
Sid
Legend

5 years ago

I suppose it keeps the fans happy if you're jumping about like a dickhead shouting in English to a bunch of Spanish players who probably know 3 words in English but even then not in a ground of tens of thousands of people all gobbing off over the top of him

But the key is Nev looks angry. And the fans are very angry. So when they see him looking angry as well they think 'ah he's not happy either, he's just as pissed off as we are, so it's not his fault the players are being shit'

Whereas Gaal famously sits down and saves it all for off the cameras, where he is utterly brutal. But during the game, when the players are bring shit, and you see him sat there, it looks like he doesn't care. So up steps saint Ryan Giggs who issues a few instructions (as is often the job of the assistant tbf) and then suddenly the media go 'look he's the real manager, there's the passion, he cares, whereas Van Gaal seems happy to watch this shit' and then you can slip in a comment like well you know these foreign managers don't care about a specific historic cup that we don't care about either, or something like he seems more concerned with his clipboard!!! and shit yourself in exasperation. Basically it opens up a lot of shit talking.
redzebs
Legend

5 years ago

Fuck sake Sid, it's like if the club was a patient, you'd wish it a bit of cancer, Neville is a United legend who's got the balls to go to a foreign country and put himself up for scrutiny instead of taking a £15 mill deal from sky, how many languages can you speak? How many countries have you made an effort to work in and assimilate to? Giggs looks fucked off because we are boring as fuck. Stop attacking real legends and licking the hole of anyone foreign or controversial because you think it makes you cool ffs
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.