Van Gaal building a team for Giggs who will manage United

Manchester United chat
Mumford
First Teamer

5 years ago

That's according to one fan anyway.

According to him on 606, all the LVG haters have got it wrong, LVG isn't there to win three points on a Saturday, he's there to build a team for Ryan Giggs who manage United for the next 25 yrs.

Now I'm not sure who is deluded.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03by478
Take all the courage you have left
And waste it on fixing all the problems that you made in your own head
Robbo
Legend

5 years ago

In all honesty I feel that Giggs needs to leave United and make his own mark on the footballing world before he gets anywhere near Managers chair, how much if any actual hands on managing is he getting under Van Gaal. As to the comment about Giggs managing United for the next 25 Years yes it is possible but I cannot see it happening with Ferguson they broke the mould and the days of a manager or player spending years at a club are a thing of the past and when Arsene Wenger leaves Arsenal i feel these days will be over.
-----------------------------------------------------
Mumford
First Teamer

5 years ago

The bit I find amazing in the rant, and thats what it was, is the winning of three points on a Saturday isn't that important !

He seems to miss the point that most United fan don't mind losing if we are playing well, the point is we just aren't playing as a cohesive unit with a single goal, ( no pun), we look so disjointed and uneasey on the pitch.

An interesting stat I picked up is that in the last three game we've only had one shot on target in the second half of each game, what if anything does that say about the halftime team talk, is he just saying "we need to be more defensive" even when we are chasing a game or a last 16 spot in the ECL.
Take all the courage you have left
And waste it on fixing all the problems that you made in your own head
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

5 years ago

Mumford wrote:That's according to one fan anyway.

According to him on 606, all the LVG haters have got it wrong, LVG isn't there to win three points on a Saturday, he's there to build a team for Ryan Giggs who manage United for the next 25 yrs.

Now I'm not sure who is deluded.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03by478
That's Dannii...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Felwin
First Teamer

5 years ago

Tbf, it just sounds like LvG wrote a few phrases down for the lad and got him to do him a favour and ring up "the media" to put a good word in.

"philosophy, build for the future, longevity, not about three points, philosophy, ryan giggs, philosophy"
redzebs
Legend

5 years ago

Stephens a fuckin moon beam tbf
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
FuB
Legend

5 years ago

redzebs wrote:Stephens a fuckin moon beam tbf
that's why he's fixated on the word "institution"
Rant's official artificial intelligence
senna
Legend

5 years ago

LVG building an average team for Giggs? This will turn out good...

How many of these players are actually quality?
just1n
Legend

5 years ago

The curse of '92 should just take over. Hopefully they succeed but if not, then hopefully they will shut the fuck up.
[color=#008000]GLAZERS[/color] [color=#FF8000]OUT![/color]
madmax
Star Man

5 years ago

Apart from the sentimental reasons I've not heard any justification on why Giggs would be a good manager. Guardiola had his experience with the Barcelona B team and had built a reputation before he took over the top job. Giggs has to take atleast some responsibility for the football under LVG. So I dont really think he would be any better than LVG.